If you’re someone who shares races on Facebook, tweets daily, has a blog or rallies your friends for social events, then we want you to be an Ambassador
The Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon are seeking influential runners to represent our 2014 race! We’re looking for 10 dedicated runners who love the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon, are involved in our running community (both on the ground and online) and are ready to be part of our amazing team of Ambassadors!
If you’re someone who shares races on Facebook, tweets daily, has a blog or rallies your friends for social events, then we want you to be an Ambassador!
All applications are due by Wednesday, September 25, 2013.
- Distribution of event materials in hometown (running stores, local races, etc)
- Spread the word about the Chevron Houston Marathon events (local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc are all examples) and answer questions.
- Race Weekend support- to be determined.
- Be an expert on the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon!
- Official Chevron Houston Marathon Ambassador Gear
- Profile hosted on Chevron Houston Marathon Website
- Opportunity for involvement in Race Weekend Media Coverage
- Potential for additional perks from Houston Marathon Sponsors
- Additional Incentives based on Involvement
All Ambassadors will be featured on the Chevron Houston Marathon Website. Chosen applicants will have a profile, photo, and opportunity to connect with other runners through social media and more! You will have the opportunity to motivate and inspire our runners and share your story!
In addition to the above perks and expectations, we will open up additional opportunities to our Ambassadors first. These additional opportunities could include pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways, sponsor product giveaways and inclusion in special Race Weekend events.
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors will serve from October to February for the 2014 race. In the future, they will serve for one calendar year, from April to February. The Chevron Houston Marathon reserves the right to remove any Ambassador from the team for any reason.
**2014 Race Ambassadors must already be registered participants of either the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon.