Registration and Social Media Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and Operations Director
We are looking for a talented Social Media and Registration Coordinator to manage the registration process for our events along with creating and maintaining a strong online presence for our organization. Your role is to implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts and work with our registration company to assist participants a smooth and easy registration process for our event whether individual,corporate or school team participants.
You will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more participants and promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
Registration and Social Media Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and Operations Director.
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, exempt
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance are available
- PTO offered
This list of duties is intended to be illustrative rather than complete and serves to show major duties and responsibilities and does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position. There may be additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive Director or Operations Director as the need arises.
For Registration Coordination:
CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Requires a comprehensive understanding of the overall responsibilities of The Cowtown registration process and the event itself. This includes entry processing policies and procedures, acknowledgment processes, and other data maintenance related activities.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: Will need to be fully knowledgeable on the online registration process and able to monitor and manage all online data.
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION: Responsible for the registration process of individual runners, teams, phone and email inquiries.
SOLUTIONS DESK: Oversee set-up and manage the registration process on race weekend, trouble shooting and providing assistance to participants and staff.
TIMING COMPANY: Work with timing company to communicate key dates and deadlines, including resolution of timing issues.
For Social Media Coordination:
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around our events
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Oversee social media accounts’ layouts
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective participants, like promotions and competitions
- Create and publish all e-newsletters and e-blasts for the organization
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Coordinator
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Multi-tasking and analytical skills
- BS degree in Marketing, New media, communications or relevant field - Equivalent or similar experience in a business environment will also be considered.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interface diplomatically with runners, volunteers, vendors, staff and the general public.
- Some extended hours during busy season
Interested candidates can contact Executive Director Heidi Swartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.