Running USA 2015: The 12th Industry Conference powered by ACTIVE Network will be held in New Orleans, LA at the Hilton Riverside New Orleans. This hotel is located on the bank of the Mississippi River in the hear of NOLA just steps from the French Quarter.
Whether you are an event director, media, vendor, charity partner, show company, athlete, coach or No. 1 fan, this is the MUST attend Running Industry Event.
Preliminary Schedule Highlights (speakers and times subject to change).
Sunday, February 8th
Expo and Conference Registration Open - 12:00pm
Fourteen leading companies, in 15-minute segments, will present the latest running industry products, gear and technologies.
Head-Start Workshop - 1:00-2:30pm (session will repeat every 30 minutes)
- Introduction to Running USA - hear from veteran attendees how to make the most of your time at the conference. There will be 3 consecutive sessions.
Youth Networking Opportunity - 2:00pm
Gather with other attendees to discuss youth programs and events. This will be a self-guided meeting opportunity. We encourage attendees to connect prior to conference with those you would like to network with during this time.
Leslie Jordan Opening Reception - 6:30pm
Registration closes - 8:00pm (outside the expo doors)
Monday, February 9th
Morning Run with DMSE Sports - 6:30am
Expo & Conference Registration - 3rd Floor Foyer - Opens 7:00am
Supercharge Breakfast, Located in the Expo - 7:00-8:00am
General Sessions - 8:30am
Opening Remarks from Running USA CEO, Rich Harshbarger. Harshbarger will review Running USA's progress in 2014 and provide insight into the State of the Sport.
General Session: 9:00am
Keynote speaker Pat Williams
, co-founder and Senior Vice President of the NBA's Orlando Magic. As one of the world's top motivational speakers, Pat has addressed members of Fortune 500 companies, national trade organizations and universities in the United States and abroad. Pat will speak on leadership, teamwork and embracing change in our sport. He has completed 58 marathons over the last 14 years, including the Boston Marathon 13 times. For more details on Pat, please visit www.patwilliams.com
Break - 10:00-10:30am
Idea Labs - 10:30-11:30am
- Building Relationships with Specialty Retailers
- Planning for the Future: Our Industry, Your Organizaiton - Matt West - DMSE Sports, Brian Lyons - Go! St. Louis, JT Service - Soul Focus Sports
- Impact of Millennials on Endurance Sports - Derrick Feldmann, Achieve & Slade Sundar, RacePartner
Registration closes - 11:00am Expo Entrance
Women's Trailblazer Award Luncheon sponsored by The ACTIVE Network - 12:00pm
Round Tables - 2:00-4:00pm
- Medical Best Practices
- Community Engagement
- Staffing Your Organization
- How are you Attracting Millennials? - Doug Kaplan, Competitor Group
- Do You Need a VIP Program?
- Specialty Retailer Engagement
- How Does Your Event Stand Out? - Mike Coleman, Active Network
- Safety & Security Protocol
Expo Break - 4:00-5:30pm
MarathonFoto Reception - 5:30-6:30pm
Running USA Hall of Champions Dinner - 7:00-9:00pm
- Dinner & Entertainment
- Hall of Champions Inductees
- Allan Steinfeld Development Award Presentation
Tuesday, February 10th
Morning Run with DMSE Sports 6:30am
Supercharge Breakfast, located in Expo Hall - 7:00-8:00am
General Session: Women Leaders in the Sport of Running - 8:30-9:45am
- Hear from a panel of female industry experts on how women are leading and influencing the sport of running and how your business can benefit. Moderated by Mary Wittenberg, President and CEO of New York Road Runners
Expo Break - 9:45-10:30am
Expo Closes - 10:30am
General Session Panel - Charities and Why They Are Important to the Sport - 10:30-11:30am moderated by Donna Grogan, VP of Development and Fundraising, Lupus Foundation of America
Ashworth Awards Luncheon - 12:15pm
Idea Labs: 2:00 - 3:00pm
- Insurance, Risk Management and Event Cancellations
- Diversity and Its Continued Growth - Toni Carey, Co-Founder of Black Girls Run. Additional panelists TBD
- Mobile Apps for Participation Sports: Raising the Bar for Fan Engagement - CrowdTorch
General Session: 3:30-4:30pm - Join us as we close our 2015 event looking forward to 2016. Prepare to be inspired!
Mark Twain Patio Closing Reception 4:30 - 6:00pm
Join us on the patio to enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and make those final connections. ACTIVE Network will be on hand to take sign-ups for the 2016 event at a deep discount.
Price Increase Schedule:
November 15, 2014 ($699/members and $899/non-members)
January 16, 2015 ($749/members and $949/non-members)
February 9, 2015 ($849/members and $1049/non-members)