Every year team BolderBOULDER works closely with the Boulder and Fort Collins communities to put on three special and unique road races that see a combined total of more than 60,000 runners, walkers and joggers.
The BolderBOULDER, named America’s All-Time Best 10K by Runner’s World takes place on Memorial Day in beautiful Boulder, CO. Finishing at Folsom Field, this race is one for the bucket list and continues to amaze participants, spectators, and VolRUNteers year after year.
The FORTitude 10K, team BolderBOULDER’s newest race, winds through scenic Fort Collins and finishes on the Sonny Lubick field at Colorado State’s brand new on campus stadium. With more than 7,000 registered in its first year, the Labor Day Classic is the community’s favorite new tradition.
The ColderBOLDER, the only 5K in the family, takes place in (sometimes) chilly December on the CU Boulder campus. This sold out race finishes in the Balch Field House where participants, friends and family celebrate a little cold sweat, the holidays and staying BOLD all year round.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Whether it is someone’s first time or 40th, we want to make sure everyone feels taken care of during registration and ends up exactly where they will have the best experience. The Registration Manager works closely with all members of the BolderBOULDER team to ensure that all the back-end pieces and parts are in place before we throw the BOLDest Memorial Day Celebration on Earth.
NUTS AND BOLTS:
The Registration & Data Operations Manager works directly with the Race Director and will work closely with all members of the key leadership team. This full-time, year-round, exempt, office position is located at our headquarters office in Boulder, Colorado.
OPERATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY & TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Accomplishes day-to-day work operations and is responsible for directing and allocating work for 7-10 seasonal data entry personnel, as well as monitoring and evaluating their work.
- Achieves data entry operational objectives to improve data entry quality results by completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; studying, evaluating, and re-designing work processes; implementing changes.
- Coordinates scoring including posting of online results, final printing, and thorough follow-up to any discrepancies. Reviews deadlines, assignment responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient through leading seasonal Customer Service team while managing the CRM.
- Cross-functional support & collaboration - Oversees the development/elicitation of business requirements and translates them into functional specifications with the VolRUNteer and special community programs databases.
- Implements marketing promotions through the registration system.
VENDOR MANAGEMENT/RELATIONSHIPS OF EXTERNAL VENDORS
- Serves as liaison with online registration vendor to ensure accurate and timely receipt of data.
- Serves as liaison with IT consultants/vendors for race and results database management, department and end users.
- Provides systems analysis to ensure the needs of the company are met.
- Controls expenses of the department
- Sets expectations with external vendors
- Establishes timelines with external vendors and works with the internal team to meet related deadlines
- Coordinates with external vendors
- Maintains, analyzes, and troubleshoots computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems (limited in scope).
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
You are a hard worker with sound and decisive judgment, excellent communication skills, patience, collaboration, and professionalism. You are happiest being a part of a community and can build relationships with ease. You are organized, excited by creative problem solving and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate…
- Can prioritize tasks well and adapt to changing needs
- Has strong communication skills
- Experience leading a team
- Can be self-reliant when solving Customer Service issues and feels confident that they can be a voice of the BolderBOULDER brand
- Has experience with web based online registration systems
- Has experience with web based CRM systems
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Enjoys working in a small company where their efforts are greatly valued and appreciated
- Wants to be part of a strong, energetic team
- Has 4+ years’ event management experience
Are you our new Registration & Data Operations Manager? If this sounds like you, express interest in our Registration & Data Operations Manager position, by filling out our job application and submitting your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.