Call for Speakers
How Do We Select Conference Speakers & Presenters?
Our Conference Planning Committee works year-round to put together a wide variety of content that is relevant and engaging for our attendees across all segments of the industry, including event directors, product vendors, technology companies, marketing experts, media, and many more.
It is our goal to select engaging and knowledgeable speakers and dynamic industry experts. Speaking and presentation topics are defined months in advance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not pay conference speakers or panelists, nor provide lodging or travel stipends. Speakers register to attend the conference and pay the regular attendee price.
2019 Speaker Roles + Topics of Interest
- Race Camps: Small group (30-100 attendees) sessions where assigned moderators facilitate discussion around a given subject area. The purpose of the moderator is less about presenting original content and more about asking the right questions and moderating lively discussion.
- Idea Labs: Sessions (100-200 attendees) where speakers focus on a pressing industry topic, talking through best practices, practical solutions, trends, etc., giving attendees a wealth of information to take and implement in their own businesses and races.
- General Sessions: The main stage speakers (600-800 attendees) give 60-90 minute presentations or sit on panels that tackle subjects in-depth that are pressing to the endurance industry.
Topics of Interest
- Course Operations
- Social Media and Engagement
- Safety and Security
- Expo and VIP
- Runner Experience
We are looking for speakers who can "edutain."
What does that mean? It means you can capture an audiences attention, engage and motivate, all the while sharing valuable information they can use to grow their races and businesses.
Ask yourself, "can I edutain an audience of 50 people, of 200 people, of 800 people for one hour?" If the answer is yes, than we want to hear from you.
Other traits we're seeking:
- An awareness of industry tends and best practices, as well as an understanding of the pain points races and businesses experience.
- The ability to create actionable takeaways for all audience attendees.
- Complete focus on the audience and helping them. Our Race Camps, Idea Labs and General Sessions are not the time to pitch your product. If you are looking to pitch an audience, we have an expo and other opportunities for that.
- A desire to build presentations with a heavy focus on imagery, some video, quick rotation of slides, powerful messages.
Speaker Requirements + Deadlines
If you have a presentation you would like considered for 2018, please fill out the application form below with the following information:
- Topic and Targeted Audience
- Length of Presentation
- Ideal Session to Present (Race Camp, Idea Lab or General Session)
- Speaker Bio
- Link to video of previous presentaions (if available)
Fill Out the Speaker Application
(IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not pay conference speakers or panelists, nor provide lodging or travel stipends. Speakers register to attend the conference and pay the regular attendee price.)
We strongly suggest if you are interested in speaking to submit your application form as soon as possible. Here are specific submission dates for the most consideration:
- June 29 - First round of consideration - all speaker applications up for review
- August 31 - Second round of consideration - all panels, Race Camps and Idea Labs under final review
- September 28 - Third round of consideration - last call for speakers, filling final programming spots
Please send all inquiries and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest and see you at the 2019 Running USA Industry Conference.