Speakers announced for sponsorship and event marketing tour, which will visit Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, Detroit, Fort Worth and Oklahoma City this year
DETROIT (May 8, 2018) – The Running USA Accelerator Series presented by Race Roster is now open for registration at a value price point, and endurance event professionals are encouraged to take advantage of this unique learning and networking opportunity.
(Already know you’re interested? Get signed up or get more info right here.)
With a focus on marketing and sponsorship, these interactive events are a place for endurance professionals to address current challenges, learn from leading industry experts, and network with others in the business.
Dates and locations for the 2018 series are:
- July 12: Indianapolis, IN - Sign up
- July 13: Cincinnati, OH – Sign up
- August 10: Nashville, TN – Sign up
- September 28: Detroit, MI – Sign up
- November 12: Fort Worth, TX – Sign up
- November 13: Oklahoma City, OK – Sign up
In 2017, the Accelerator Series visited six cities on the East and West Coasts and left participants with actionable takeaways they could put into motion immediately.
“We walked away with three or four very valuable nuggets that we could implement immediately. It was especially helpful in breaking down and evaluating the constantly evolving landscape of social media marketing tools and strategies as they apply in the endurance sports market. We also gained valuable strategies for segmenting our registration data for targeted marketing efforts," shared Scott Abbott, executive director of the Sacramento Running Association.
"I really enjoyed gathering with other running industry directors in my area to discuss ideas to improve our ever growing running community. The information presented was very helpful and provoked positive conversation and action items," said Tes Sobomehin Marshall, founder and race director of runningnerds in Atlanta.
Speakers for the 2018 Accelerator Series have also been announced. They include four experts capable of delivering valuable and practical insight on today’s endurance industry challenges:
- Troy Schooley: Vice president of partnerships and sales at P3R/Pittsburgh Marathon, Schooley oversees numerous high-profile sponsor relationships and is adept at scaling sponsorship strategy for events of all sizes. (Troy will speak in Nashville, Fort Worth and Oklahoma City.)
- Shan Riggs: As chief sponsorship strategist at Beatnik Marketing Group, Riggs has vast experience connecting events and causes with the ideal sponsorship partners. He now oversees a team of social media and sponsorship specialists who work for a variety of clients. (Shan will speak in Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Detroit.)
- Andy Reilly: The founder of Eventgrow, an online marketing company that helps marketers and event directors grow participation in their events through digital marketing, Reilly is known for producing results-driven marketing for his clients in the endurance space. (Andy will speak at all locations.)
- Alex Vander Hoeven: Alex is CEO and co-founder of Race Roster, a registration platform that makes it significantly easier for running events, charities, timers, and advertisers to operate their businesses and interact with runners. (Alex will speak at all locations.)
Each half-day of programming with presentations and interaction with the industry experts on hand will be followed by a networking happy hour. Register now.
About Race Roster
Race Roster is a marketplace that helps runners register for running events and works with North America’s leading endurance events. As a trusted technology partner, Race Roster’s extensive industry knowledge and data insights help solve event challenges to achieve goals. We pride ourselves on supporting event organizers and their participants from start to finish. For more information, visit RaceRoster.com
About Running USA
Running USA is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization devoted to improving the status and experience of distance running and racing in the United States through collective marketing and promotions, information and communications within the industry and to the national media, services to events and industry members, and the development of American world class stars. It seeks the advancement of the sport and the provision of value to each of its members' events and businesses. For more information, visit RunningUSA.org.