The primary objective of the position is to provide a high-level of professional support for the CEO of Abbott World Marathon Majors. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and analytically, and assist the CEO with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The position also includes assisting our customer service and special programs team with runner support and club member communications. An eastern or central time zone is preferred for this remote/virtual position.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, possesses the ability to navigate multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines and has strong organizational skills. A natural team player who works well in a collaborative environment, is professional, resourceful, innovative, and proactive, can think independently and doesn’t need much supervision or direction is ideal.
Someone passionate about the running industry and an understanding of mass participant events is a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Executive Assistant to the CEO
• Execute a broad variety of administrative tasks, including managing an active calendar and meeting schedule for both Microsoft Teams and in-person meetings
• Manage all aspects of business travel arrangements including booking domestic and international flights and hotels, preparing travel itineraries and detailed agendas, ground transportation, dining reservations, and submitting expense reports
• Maintain discretion in dealing with confidential information and sensitive materials
• Coordinate internal and external meetings, dinners, and events, both on-site and off-site locations, negotiating contracts with restaurants, hotels, and meeting facilities
• Assist with some HR tasks such as on-boarding new team members and managing holiday and PTO calendars
• Keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and required follow ups; anticipate needs in advance of meetings, presentations, conferences, etc.
• Complete special projects and assignments, as requested by the CEO
• Demonstrated ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
• Prepare and edit documents and presentations as needed; prepare materials and communications for board meetings and/or internal meetings.
• Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Have a mindset that no task is insignificant
• Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, and friendly Runner Support
• Manage email inquiries and communications with members of the Global Run Club
• Assist the Director of Special Programs in the planning and management of a variety of programs, including race lotteries and specialized challenges
• Assist in data analysis and tracking to provide insight and future recommendations for the Global Run Club
• Assist Head of Customer Service in responding to general runner inquiries in a timely matter
• Assist with updating runner profiles as needed
• Maintain and apply the highest level of customer service in all communications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 3-5-years’ experience as an Executive Assistant.
Compensation is dependent upon experience and skill level.
Please send resume and cover letter to Judee.Kakos@wmmajors.com. Please include “AWMM Executive Assistant” in the email subject line.