ABOUT THE BOSTON ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
Founded in 1887, the Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through sports, especially running. The B.A.A. is committed to a world where all people can access and benefit from running and an active lifestyle. The B.A.A. advances its mission and vision by organizing mass-participatory running events such as the Boston Marathon, creating or supporting community fitness events, and sponsoring a running club that serves the greater Boston area.
Since the B.A.A renewed its commitment to youth running in 1997, nearly 35,000 Boston-area youth have experienced the inspiration and excitement of a B.A.A program. Through the generous support from adidas and the City of Boston, the B.A.A. expanded its efforts and remains committed to introducing and encouraging the sport of running in the lives of Boston-area youths. Looking forward, the B.A.A. will deepen its commitment to broadening access to running across a variety of communities through the newly established Boston Running Collaborative.
The B.A.A. believes that everyone—no matter their race, gender, or background—should be able to advance their well-being safely and without fear or discrimination of any kind. The organization is committed to achieving a greater level of diversity on its staff and understands the importance of representation in all aspects of its work, whether internal or external. To learn more about the B.A.A.’s commitment to racial justice, please click here. To learn more about the B.A.A’s history, programs and team, including their planned leadership transition, please click here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Boston Athletic Association is currently seeking a motivated individual possessing a can-do attitude to join our Distribution Center (DC) Team, a division of the B.A.A. Event Operations & Production Team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position located at the B.A.A.’s DC in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. The incumbent will work with the DC Manager to maintain safe and efficient product and equipment management for the B.A.A.’s regularly occurring events.
· Inventory, organize, and maintain warehouse stock; move and replenish as necessary
· Monitor product condition and quality; pull and prepare orders with accuracy
· Load & unload trucks; may assist with driving vans or box trucks for local deliveries
· Ensures all equipment and/or cargo is properly secured on vehicles.
· Loading, unloading, and sorting of products by hand; including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, and placing such safely and efficiently.
· Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner; report mechanical and safety issues
· Support cleanliness and order of warehouse facility, such as keeping aisles clear of stock and debris, and sweeping warehouse floors daily and as needed
· Report unsafe conditions, and abide by all established safety & operational protocols at all times
· Support build-out and break down of B.A.A. event sites in Boston metro area (event work is typically held during weekend days).
· Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· At least 1-2 years of warehousing or product handling experience.
· At least 1-2 years driving trucks up to 26’ or 26,000 lbs GVWR (no CDL required).
· Valid driver’s license with history of safe and competent driving.
· Forklift experience preferred, and willingness to undergo provided B.A.A. training
· Able to frequently lift 50 lbs. and to maneuver packages of any weight above 50 lbs. using appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person (including, but not limited to equipment like: hand-trucks, dollies, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.).
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to perform basic math computations
· Positive, flexible attitude and ability to thrive as part of a high-performing team
· Experience working in endurance events or similar industry preferred.
· Ability to commute daily to the Distribution Center without public transportation given the warehouse location (no local public transit nearby), and/or has reliable transportation to and from work site.
· Must be age 21 or older.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT THE B.A.A.
The role will also require working some weekends and nights approaching scheduled B.A.A. events. There may be longer work hours surrounding event production. This role will involve regularly moving and lifting products up to 50 lbs. and is considered an active, non-sedentary role. Limited local travel required.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. All candidates must comply with B.A.A.’s current COVID-19 Guidelines, including B.A.A.’s vaccination requirement. All employees must receive at least the first dose of the vaccination no later than one week after their start date, and must be fully vaccinated no later than 4 weeks later. For the purpose of this policy, individuals are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen).
We require all employees to receive the COVID vaccine. For the safety of the community, B.A.A. employees are expected to obtain COVID tests if they have symptoms or have traveled by plane. Quarantining may be required after air travel.
Offer of employment will be contingent upon successful background & driver history verifications, and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The salary range is competitive and commensurate with lived and professional experience. The B.A.A. will promote your professional growth and development by providing access to:
● Competitive health & dental insurance plans with employer contributions of at least 80%
● Life insurance, short term, and long-term disability plans funded 100% by the B.A.A.
● 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 4% after one year of service, elective deferrals may begin upon hire
● Paid vacation based on years of service
● 11 paid holidays, 9 scheduled and 2 floating
● Professional development allowance
● A private option for Paid Family & Medical Leave with up to 26 weeks of paid leave per year for qualifying leave events.
● Remote work flexibility
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
The B.A.A. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.