We are seeking a Business Development (Event Expansion) Specialist to join our talented team of event professionals. This individual will be expected to generate new opportunities for Brooksee by creating brand new races and/or acquiring existing events. Although some traditional event management duties will be required, the primary role of this position will be to generate new business through the creation of new events.
This is a full-time position for on-site work in our offices in Pleasant Grove, UT. Compensation is negotiable depending on qualifications. Applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identify new cities, courses, and venues for new racing events to expand Brooksee’s event portfolio
- Work with governmental and private stakeholders to secure permits for new events
- Work with stakeholders to create initial operations plan for new events
- Create partnerships with potential sponsors, vendors, and contractors for new events
- Establish budget for new events and work with operations team to achieve budget goals
- Identify potential new revenue streams and work with team to bring them to fruition
- Execute traditional race production operations including, but not limited to, traffic control planning, law enforcement liaison, barricade contracting, medical operations, etc.
- Effective communication, presenting, and writing skills
- Excellent relationship / interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task while dealing with crucial deadlines
- Efficient and organized to ensure all tasks are met on a daily basis
- Travel to all Brooksee events
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive attitude, commitment to succeed, and willingness to go above and beyond
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to establish relationships with permitting stakeholders
- Ability to create solutions to issues presented by stakeholders
- Knowledge of, and experience in, endurance event industry
- Prior experience in Race Directing, Business Development, or Sales preferred
- Endurance athlete preferred