Race Day Events (RDE) is looking for a new event manager/race director to join our team of passionate event professionals. RDE event managers plan, direct, and manage events owned by RDE and our clients. Our newest team member will be detail-oriented, computer & technology savvy, and possess both strong communication and customer service skills. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is required, as is the ability to thrive in a fast- paced environment. Previous experience working within the endurance event industry is a plus.
Manage, organize, and direct specific events as assigned by the Director of Project Management.
- Plan all aspects of events and execute on their logistics including but not limited to, permitting, scheduling of safety and security resources, scheduling event staff, and securing race assets (awards, shirts, etc.) while adhering to a pre-defined budget.
- Work with other RDE departments and staff, including marketing, volunteer services, and sponsorship to ensure all aspects of events are adequately planned.
- Perform and coordinate tasks required for safe and successful event execution including loading equipment, directing staff and volunteers during the event, and ensuring participants have a positive experience.
- Provide customer service and support for contracted events, collaborating and communicating with event directors from initial contact through event day, ensuring the event is well organized and properly prepared for a successful event.
- College degree preferred
- Highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Organized and detail oriented with prioritization skills leading to the successful management and execution of concurrent projects
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal formats
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Client-focused with a demonstrable history of excellent customer
- Able to work some weekends and holidays
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to work out of our Madison, WI office
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Race Day Events is a leading event production company which specializes in running, biking and multisport events. We are a fast-growing company which provides equipment and services to many events across the US. Permanent, full-time team members are eligible for group health insurance, paid time off, paid company holidays, and a Simple IRA plan participation. Race Day is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Race Day Events: email@example.com