NYCRUNS’ mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
We are seeking an experienced endurance Event Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be a part our Event Management team, leading the development of events and event plans, and directing
them on race day. If you’re interested in helping others “Win Their Race,” we invite to you apply today!
*The position is open to NYC residents only. Candidates must be willing to commute 2-4 days a week and able to successfully work within a hybrid on-site and remote environment.
About the role
Leading up to events you are assigned you will be responsible for all aspects of event development and production. On event day, you be responsible leading the event team and executing a world class endurance event.
Key responsibilities include:
· Course Direction
· Creating documents such as Runs Of Show and Event Plans
· Signage & Wayfinding
· Partnership Activation
· Staff planning, training & volunteer allocation
· Vendor direction
· Compliance with all rules & regulations governed by NYPD, FDNY, DSNY, NYC Parks, CECM, & other permitting authorities
What you bring
· 3+ years of experience in endurance event production and logistics planning required, running races preferred.
· Excellent project management skills
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
· Ability to be high functioning relatively early in the morning
· Regular weekend availability to support NYCRUNS events
· Proficiency with various software particularly Microsoft, Adobe & CAD Products
· Valid Driver’s License
· Forklift operation certification or willingness to receive certification
· Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
NYCRUNS is dedicated to producing world-class events for athletes of all levels. NYCRUNS strives to employ people who challenge themselves and the status quo, continuously innovating and improving efficiencies in our processes. NYCRUNS works to provide each employee with the tools to develop skillsets and fast track career development within our company.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation amount for this role is targeted at $80,000.00 – $89,000.00.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
– Hybrid On-site and remote employment model
– Flexible PTO
– Paid Sick Leave
– 401K with Company Match
– Health Insurance Coverage
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com