NYCRUNS’ mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
We are seeking a self-starting and organized junior event associate to join our team. In this role, you will act as an assistant to company leadership and be a part of our event management team. You will have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of race production and gain experience that develops skills for growth in the endurance event industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with the right skills to begin a career in running events.
If you’re interested in helping others “Win Their Race”, we invite you apply today!
*The position is open to NYC residents only. Candidates must be willing to commute 2-4 days a week and able to successfully work within a hybrid on-site and remote environment. *
About the role
As a Junior Event Associate, you can expect to be responsible for completing a wide range of different tasks related to the production of a successful Running event.
Key responsibilities include:
· Assist with leadership communication & organization
· Assist with social media & customer service
· Assist with company bookkeeping
· Mange office upkeep
· Assist with event production prior to event
· Contribute as a member of our event day staff
What you bring
· Excellent MS office knowledge
· Outstanding organizational and time management Skills
· Experience cultivating social media for promotion
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to be high functioning relatively early in the morning.
· Experience working or volunteering in production for large outdoor events such as races, festivals or tradeshows is a plus
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
NYCRUNS is dedicated to producing world-class events for athletes of all levels. NYCRUNS strives to employ people who challenge themselves and the status quo, continuously innovating and improving efficiencies in our processes. NYCRUNS works to provide each employee with the tools to develop skillsets and fast track career development within our company.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation amount for this role is targeted at $65,000.00 – $69,000.00.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
– Hybrid On-site and remote employment model
– Flexible PTO
– Paid Sick Leave
– 401K with Company Match
– Health Insurance Coverage
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com