Founded in 2009, NYCRUNS mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
In 2022, NYCRUNS will stage approximately 30 running events in NYC (and one in New Jersey) for as many as 100,000 athletes. We’re based in Industry City, a hip office and retail complex in Brooklyn.
If you love running events, making people happy, and are committed to making New York City a better place, this could be the place for you. We’re poised for significant growth and we’re looking for the best and brightest to help us get to the next level. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, 401K, and flexible PTO.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will report to the Director of Race Development, with the core responsibility of assisting all members of the operations team in producing NYCRUNS running events.
Your responsibilities will include assisting event production managers throughout each of their assigned event’s life cycle. That includes assisting in the creation, reviewing, and updating of run of shows and events plans, communicating with other team members and vendors, securing necessary permits, and coordinating with our warehouse operations and customer service teams to ensure a smooth event life cycle.
Throughout that process, you will assist event mangers in developing new standards and maintaining and updating current ones to maximize operational efficiencies.
You will also provide operational support to the team assisting with inventory management, customer service and event preparation. On event day, you will be a key member of the team, serving as an operational lead (start, course, finish, or festival) operating under the assigned race director.
Based on your specific abilities and interests, other responsibilities will accrue as needed.
- This is an entry level position, but any experience in the sports events and/or entertainment industry is a plus
- Experience specifically in endurance events is also a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required at minimum, ideally from a sports business program.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- A clean and valid driver’s license
- The ability to lift 25 lbs. repeatedly
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Availability in the early morning hours on weekends
- A passion for endurance events
- Proficiency in other software packages including Photoshop and CAD.
- Social Media expertise
- A/V Experience
- Computer Networking
- Fluency in Spanish, Chinese, and/or other languages.
- USATF Course Certification
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.