Founded in 2009, NYCRUNS mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
In 2022, NYCRUNS will stage approximately 30 running events in NYC (and one in New Jersey) for as many as 100,000 athletes. We’re based in Industry City, a hip office and retail complex in Brooklyn.
If you love running events, making people happy, and are committed to making New York City a better place, this could be the place for you. We’re poised for significant growth and we’re looking for the best and brightest to help us get to the next level. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, 401K, and flexible PTO.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will report to the Director of Race Development, with the core responsibility of managing and producing a portfolio of NYCRUNS 30+ running events
As an Event Manager & Race Director at NYCRUNS, you will be in the thick of things leading the charge at many of our 30+ running events annually.
At events where you are the Race Director, you will manage all aspects of an event life cycle from conception to execution. That includes creating run of shows, event plans, communicating with other team members and vendors, securing necessary permits, and coordinating with our warehouse operations and customer service teams to ensure a smooth event life cycle and execute a world class running event.
Leading up to race day, you will be in charge of creating the run of show, developing the event plan, communicating with the team and vendors, assisting in securing necessary permits, and coordinating our warehouse operations and customer service teams so that they are ready to support you.
At events where you are not the RD, you will provide operational support by serving as lead (start, course, finish, or festival) operating under another race director.
Beyond leading supporting events, you’ll work towards developing new standards and maintaining and updating current ones to maximize operational efficiencies. Based on your specific abilities and interests, other responsibilities will accrue as needed.
- 2-3 years of full-time experience in the sports events and/or entertainment industry
- Experience in endurance events is not required but is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required at minimum
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- A clean and valid driver’s license.
- The ability to lift 25 lbs. repeatedly.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Availability in the early morning hours on weekends.
- A passion for endurance events.
- Proficiency in other software packages including Photoshop and CAD.
- Social Media expertise
- A/V Experience
- Computer Networking
- Fluency in Spanish, Chinese, and/or other languages.
- USATF Course Certification
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org