Founded in 2009, NYCRUNS mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
In 2022, NYCRUNS will stage approximately 30 running events in NYC (and one in New Jersey) for as many as 100,000 athletes. We’re based in Industry City, a hip office and retail complex in Brooklyn.
If you love running events, making people happy, and are committed to making New York City a better place, this could be the place for you. We’re poised for significant growth and we’re looking for the best and brightest to help us get to the next level. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, 401K, and flexible PTO.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager in our Brooklyn headquarters. This person will work 3-4 days in the office and at various events. This position will be a key contributor in developing and executing marketing and communications strategies that increase market visibility and brand awareness in-print and in digital media.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Developing and implementing creative marketing strategies that will support the brand in the tristate region, drive new registrations and grow awareness of NYCRUNS among a diverse running population.
- Execute marketing strategies and tactics, with an emphasis on developing and implementing online and email marketing activities to effectively reach new registrants.
- Partner with CTO to manage the creative development and implementation of updates/revisions of our website to enhance and improve functionality and user satisfaction.
- Developing social media strategies to drive growth in our presence and audience, with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
- Ensure optimal use and accurate deployment of SEO, campaign tracking and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and oversee all public relations initiatives and press/media relations.
- Establish professional and positive relationships with community partners.
- Manage the marketing budget on a day to day basis.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing or Business and 3-5 years of related marketing experience is required; endurance event marketing experience is highly desired.
- Successful background in email marketing and social media is critical.
- Superior project management skills and organization ability, service oriented with demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships in a highly confidential manner is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work and achieve in faced paced environment and able to see the big picture while focusing on daily tasks.
- Extremely proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant web technologies.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communications, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
If you are the outstanding marketing and communications professional we are seeking, apply now. For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.