Race Day Events has an immediate employment opportunity available for a professional, full-time Timing Event Manager. Race Day Events is a leader in event production and endurance sport timing. Race Day Events works with over 300 events per year and uses industry leading MyLaps Timing Systems with RunScore and RaceDay Scoring software.
The position is based out of our Madison, WI office. We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, and technology savvy person with the desire to help grow our event timing business and take it to the next level.
Candidates should have amazing customer service skills, a high degree of computer expertise, be highly organized and a self-starter. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team. Strong and proven communication skills are necessary.
Applicants should be comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
This position requires some travel and the ability to work events on nights and weekends. Familiarity with the running and triathlon industry is a plus. This person would report to the Director of Timing Operations. Salary commensurate on experience.
- Communicate with Race Directors to plan and ensure well organized events
- Build and manage race scoring databases
- Prepare and maintain timing equipment for events
- Perform race day timing functions providing fast and accurate results
- Perform post-race management of timing inquiries and errors
- College degree preferred
- MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND CLEAN DRIVING RECORD
- Race timing/scoring experience is a plus but not necessary
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at any given time specifically when under pressure
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data entry is a plus
- Ability to travel and work nights, weekends, select holidays and extended hours as needed
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Please email cover letter and resume to Race Day Events: email@example.com