The Traverse City Track Club (TCTC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and the largest running club in Michigan with nearly 1,000 members. The TCTC puts on six race events throughout the year, including the Bayshore Marathon; hosts several membership-based programs and events; and administers a charitable giving program.
The Executive Director is the face of the organization and works closely with the Board of Directors to develop and implement the mission, core values, and strategic plan of the TCTC. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operation of the TCTC’s administration, programs, events, and activities, including managing several independent contractors.
The mission of the Traverse City Track Club is to promote and encourage health, fitness, fellowship, community service, family recreation and competition via running and walking. We welcome all ages and abilities. Our core values are: welcoming, community, active lifestyle, and community.
● Works with the Board of Directors to develop and execute the Strategic Plan, mission, and core values of the TCTC, including reporting on progress towards goals and key steps.
● Develops and implements organizational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
● Reviews and updates internal processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
● Organizes internal documents and maintains records.
● Provides information and recommendations to the Board Officers and Board Committees; attends all Board and Committee meetings,
● Attends and presents at meetings, events, and conferences for ongoing effective operations.
● Ensures compliance with the terms of the organizing documents, provisions of its non-profit organizational status, and federal, state, and local laws, exercising highest ethical and legal standards.
● Oversees existing and develops new projects, programs, and events to meet the TCTC mission and ensure quality and effectiveness.
● Coordinates and implements the charitable giving program.
● Builds and maintains relationships at the local, state, and national levels for implementation of TCTC goals (including, but not limited to: community partner organizations, sponsors, permitting agencies, vendors, running industry partners, etc.)
● Recruits and leads independent contractors, race directors, program and project managers, volunteers, and interns.
● Develops and executes contracts and agreements.
● Tracks and orders equipment, supplies, and gear.
● Works collaboratively on the development of new revenue channels, including sponsorships, fundraising, and grant writing.
● Manages the organization’s finances, including budget development and monitoring, invoicing, payment of bills, account reconciliation, income and expense forecasting, and internal and external reporting and accountability. Exercises responsible fiscal stewardship.
● Assists with auditing and financial analysis functions.
● Develops and manages all communication tools, including social media accounts and website.
● Writes monthly newsletter, quarterly newspaper article, and press releases.
● Coordinates the production of marketing materials.
● Assumes other related responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
This position reports to the Board of Directors.
This position’s direct reports may include:
● Project Managers
● Independent Contractors
● Event Managers
● Program/Project Managers
This is a full-time, remote, exempt position based in Traverse City, Michigan. The job requires living within the Traverse City Track Club five-county service area.
The successful candidate must be willing to work weekends and participate in evening meetings as required. This position requires some travel and the successful candidate must have local transportation.
This position requires the ability to perform physical work.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
● Successful leadership experience with another nonprofit or related field preferred.
● Knowledge of the running industry preferred.
● Fundraising, grant writing, and sponsor/partner organization relations experience.
● Event management, program development, financial management, community outreach, board and policy development, and executive administrative experience.
● Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
● Demonstrated ability to manage people and processes.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, and social media.
WHAT WE OFFER:
● Competitive salary
● Paid time off
● Health Savings Account Contribution
● Phone Allowance
● Flexible Schedule
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or non-essential requirements. Functions may be changed or expanded at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Please email cover letter and resume by October 6, 2023 to: SearchCommittee@tctrackclub.com