Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
USATODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races, and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories, and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands.
Our portfolio includes the largest high school sports recognition program in the country, USA TODAY High School Sports Awards, and other celebrated brands including the Official Community’s Choice Awards, American Influencer Awards, Rugged Maniac, Hot Chocolate 15K/5K, Blockbuster Bucket List sweepstakes, Amazing Teachers contest, and more. Our events are managed with our proprietary ticketing and registration platform, EnMotive.
The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast.
Event Operations Manager
Competitive applicants will have experience working at live athletic events. Travel will be required, and preference is given to those who can adapt and work well with others in a fast-paced environment. The Event Operations Manager will support several events within the endurance space with a focus on events in the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K series.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working to secure and document all necessary permits, event timelines, public safety plans, event design, and parking plans required in the planning and execution of the event.
- Overseeing event course and site layout development.
- Managing all onsite event inventories, including collateral, registration and volunteer supplies, tents, and branding.
- Developing processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization and overseeing established event budgets.
- Establishing the vision for existing events in conjunction with the Operations team and ensuring events are operating efficiently while maintaining a high brand standard.
- Working with various department heads to meet deadlines and event and company goals, driving continuing efficiency and communication between departments.
- 3 years of experience
- Proven attention to detail with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere
- Proven leadership and management abilities
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
Qualities required of all Ventures Endurance team members:
Ventures Endurance is a growth-oriented organization with successful team members possessing a strong work ethic and the ability to work individually and as a team. Solutions-oriented individuals with a hands-on approach to identifying inefficiencies and cost saving opportunities, while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product. The flexible and cooperative environment lends itself to a tight knit community of employees working together to achieve success.