Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
About Ventures USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands. Our portfolio includes the largest high school sports recognition program in the country, USA TODAY High School Sports Awards, and other celebrated brands including the Official Community’s Choice Awards, American Influencer Awards, Rugged Maniac, Hot Chocolate 15k/5k, Blockbuster Bucket List sweepstakes, Amazing Teachers contest and more. Our events are managed with our proprietary ticketing and registration platform, EnMotive. The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast. Merchandise Manager The Merchandise Manager works closely with Design, Event Operations, and Sourcing teams to establish and drive forward the vision for the Ventures Endurance’s Merchandise Department, including product assortment, e-commerce presence, and onsite event retail activation. Competitive applicants understand or have a passion for the endurance event space and consumer interests within the industry. Role & Responsibilities:
- Driving forward the long-term goals of an online store that engages with all consumers of a Ventures Endurance event (participant, spectator, family member, etc.). Working in tandem with the Marketing and Operations Departments to increase consumer engagement and conversions of our product line.
- Creating a product strategy that will allow for efficient operations and increased sales, while also contributing to the long-term growth strategy for Ventures Endurance’s Merchandise Department. Working with various department heads to understand the brand identity of each event division and utilizing market intelligence to curate the product and merchandise mix.
- Overseeing revenue projections and managing annual sourcing and inventory logistics for the upcoming season. Developing processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with both domestic and international factories and suppliers.
- Improving upon onsite retail space presence and customer experience at events.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of our online merchandise store to create a user-friendly shopping experience. This includes but is not limited to: seamless filter & search functionality, helpful size guides, smooth payment and shipment experience, and superior customer service.
- Continued awareness of market and industry product standards and trends, ranging from endurance athletes to novice fun-run participants.
- Travel obligations ~40% annually.
- 3+ years in a Merchandising, Supply Chain, Product Line or Retail Management role.
- Previous experience with sport/performance soft goods a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of product cost development, vendor negotiation, purchase order management, manufacturing and distribution logistics.
- E-Commerce experienced preferred, but not required.
- Shopify experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving.
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere.
- Proven leadership and management abilities.
Qualities required of all Ventures Endurance team members Ventures Endurance is a growth-oriented organization with successful team members possessing a strong work ethic and the ability to work individually and as a team. Solutions-oriented individuals with a hands-on approach to identifying inefficiencies and cost saving opportunities, while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product. The flexible and cooperative environment lends itself to a tight knit community of employees working together to achieve success.