Volunteer Services Manager
- Responsible for recruiting and managing groups of volunteers and individual volunteers for the Ventures Endurance portfolio – marathons, obstacles races, bicycle events, and themed runs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison between departments and staff to identify volunteer needs within the organization.
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations that include Expo days, scheduled Packet Pick Ups, Race Day events, and occasional office needs
- Set-up outreach databases to solicit volunteers from the community
- Create the most efficient use of volunteers to support volunteer operations
- Conduct and arrange for volunteer check-in procedures, orientation, and training
- Follow volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Maintain accurate records and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Place volunteer groups and individual in variety of different assignments to ensure all areas of event are fully supported
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area
- Act as a single point of contact for communications
- Distribute various communications regarding registration deadlines, assignment details, and logistical information
- Follow detailed timeline, strategies, and deadlines
- Work proactively with staff to provide accurate information and realistic updates on progress
- Train volunteers to use office and specialized equipment when appropriate
- Handle telephone, voicemail, written, and e-mail inquiries for information
- Send confirmation emails and make phone call reminders
- Provide the best experience for volunteers & participants
- Support delivery of messaging about the mission of the selected official charity partner
- Actively communicates with official charity partner to provide fundraising resources and volunteer recruitment tools.
- Assist with securing individuals and families impacted by the charity to share with the running community
- Monitor fundraising progress and distribute fundraising incentives
- Attend race day and expo activities when lead on assigned races
- Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Early hours/weekends
- Travel obligations ~50% throughout the year.
- 1-2 years race management experience
- Proven attention to detail with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere
- Proven leadership and management abilities
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands.
Our portfolio includes the largest high school sports recognition program in the country, USA TODAY High School Sports Awards, and other celebrated brands including the Official Community’s Choice Awards, American Influencer Awards, Rugged Maniac, Hot Chocolate 15k/5k, Blockbuster Bucket List sweepstakes, Amazing Teachers contest, and more. Our events are managed with our proprietary ticketing and registration platform, EnMotive.
The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast.
Qualities required of all Ventures Endurance team members:
Ventures Endurance is a growth-oriented organization with successful team members possessing a strong work ethic and the ability to work individually and as a team. Solutions-oriented individuals with a hands-on approach to identifying inefficiencies and cost saving opportunities, while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product. The flexible and cooperative environment lends itself to a tight knit community of employees working together to achieve success.