This position requires some travel and the ability to work events on weekends in an outdoor environment
Race Day Events has an immediate employment opportunity available for a professional, part-time Race Timer/Scorer. As a leader in event production and endurance sport timing, Race Day Events works with over 325 events per year using industry leading MYLAPS Timing Systems with RunScore scoring software.
The position is based out of our Madison WI area office. We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, computer and technology savvy person with weekend ability to time and score events. We are willing to train the right person.
Candidates should have strong customer service skills, a high degree of computer expertise and be highly organized. Computer networking knowledge is a plus. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team. Strong and proven communication skills are necessary.
Applicants should be comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment. This position requires some travel and the ability to work events on weekends in an outdoor environment. Familiarity with the running and triathlon industry is a plus.
- Learn and understand race databases and scoring software
- Set-up of computers and computer networks on-siite
- Enter and manage race day registrations and participant changes
- Perform race day timing functions providing fast and accurate results
- Must have a valid driver's liscense and clean driviing record
- Race timing/scoring experience is a plus but not necessary
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be highly organized and able to perform under pressure
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data entry is a plus
- Ability to travel and work weekends and select holidays
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Please email a cover letter and resume to Race Day Events: Timing@racedayeventsllc.com