Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Salary: $120,000.00 – $150,000 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Applications: Can be submitted via LinkedIn
ABOUT RUNNING USA
Running USA is a non-profit organization committed to the growth and success of the running industry. The organization’s mission is to strengthen and grow the endurance industry worldwide by providing education, advocacy, and development resources. Throughout each year, Running USA releases research reports, offers educational webinars and white papers, and puts on the largest running industry conference in the world.
Our Mission and Vision
Running USA’s primary focus is to position itself as the industry thought leader by providing quality education, exceptional industry content that informs and enables its members to grow, individually and collectively, valuable research and ample networking opportunities.
Here’s were to find out more – https://www.runningusa.org/about-us/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Running USA’s staff, programs, growth, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Running USA’s mission and must have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors in a collaborative effort to achieve short- and long-term strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership & Management:
· Provide innovative and strategic foresight to re-imagine a scalable structure for the organization.
· Guide the development, promotion, and direction of the organization’s primary initiative around content development. Quickly build Running USA into the leading provider of professional development resources in the endurance sports industry.
· Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and rigorous program evaluation.
· Conceptualize strategy, develop, and negotiate partnerships with organizations that can drive growth and awareness for the organization’s core initiatives (including promoting the content).
· Maintain a consistent quality of finance and administration, communications, and operations; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
· Actively engage and energize employees, consultants, board members, committees, members, partners, and sponsors.
· Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with.
· strategic direction for both ongoing operations and development of future initiatives.
· Lead, coach, develop, and retain Running USA’s high-performing team members.
· Focus on maintaining and promoting diversity and inclusion inside and outside of the organization.
· Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board and key constituents.
· Represent Running USA in media and other communications, as needed.
Operations & Revenue:
· Develop relationships, negotiate, and structure new sponsor opportunities to drive growth of the organization.
· Manage technology partner and oversee all website development initiatives.
· Experience with a turnaround environment
· Continue to develop the content strategy and create monetization channels.
· Deepen relationships with sponsors and partners to expand and support existing program operations.
· Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
· Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
· Create and manage yearly budget.
· Manage internal operations to meet timelines and goals while remaining within operational budgets.
· Complete the strategic business planning process to expand existing programs.
· Begin to build new partnerships with potential members, sponsors and partners.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or Higher required.
· At least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance-driven organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and guided strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
· Comfort with technology. Experience managing in-house or 3rd party technology teams. Understanding of basic web development practices.
· Experience building content development strategies and/or content marketing strategies.
· Proven experience in sales with a focus on generating sponsorships and strategic partnerships.
· Experience and comfort managing small, remote workforces.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience planning conferences is a plus.
· Strong understanding of non-profit financials and an ability to work with the team to better structure financial management of the organization.
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
· Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
· Strong content, marketing, event planning and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
· Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, and self-direction.
· Ability to travel throughout the year to support Running USA programs and initiatives.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Running USA offers a benefits package that includes:
· QSEHRA Medical Reimbursement Plan
Running USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. Running USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employee and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotions, transfers, compensation, and training.