Running USA is looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets, including payroll and payroll taxes, all applicable taxes, employee benefits management and reporting, 990 preparation, yearly audit, and financial statement preparation.
To be successful in this role, you must have previous experience with bookkeeping and accounting, the ability to understand the flow of transactions through Running USA and how those should be accounted for according to GAAP. You should have a strong knowledge of Non-profit fund accounting. You should also have a strong understanding of contract accounting in terms of revenue recognition.
- · Manage all accounting transactions
- · Prepare budget forecasts with CEO and/or Treasurer
- · Prepare timely financial statements
- · Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- · Reconcile GL accounts as applicable and required
- · Ensure timely bank payments
- · Manage payroll and all related benefit reporting and withholdings
- · Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- · Manage statements of financial position, statements of activity, and cash flows
- · Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- · Audit financial transactions and documents
- · Reinforce financial data confidentiality
- · Comply with financial policies and regulations
- · Assist in the preparation of yearly 990
- · Lead the preparation and organization of the yearly audit
- · Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- · Work experience as an Accountant
- · Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with knowledge of contract accounting in terms of revenue recognition.
- · Hands-on experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks
- · Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- · Experience with general ledger functions
- · Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- · BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- · Knowledge of Hubspot or willingness to learn
- · Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Accounting Position” in the subject line.