Achilles International is a global organization that seeks to transform the lives of people with disabilities through athletic programs and social connections. Achilles was founded in 1983 and has empowered more than 150,000 athletes since its inception. Achilles athletes participate in endurance events globally. Through programming for youth, veterans, and adults, Achilles gives people with disabilities hope and inspiration.
The Development Manager is an important role for the organization and will be charged with supporting the development efforts for Achilles globally. The Manager supports all fundraising activities, including prospect research, grant writing, and database management. The ideal candidate should have experience in nonprofit fundraising, preferably in a support role. The candidate should also have an interest or affinity for our mission.
Location: New York, NY (hybrid work schedule)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Supports tactical execution and administrative needs in development.
● Develops monthly fundraising reports to track incoming and lapsed gifts.
● Fulfills requests for special reports and targeted lists (e.g. regional events)
● Manages acknowledgement process, including writes acknowledgement letters
● Processes donations and enters fundraising data into our database, Raiser’s Edge.
● Generates pledge reminders.
● Researches and applies for grant opportunities.
● Coordinates and assists in planning cultivation and fundraising events.
● Provides support to program directors in areas needed, including at major athletic events such as NYC Marathon weekend.
● Works collaboratively with the Achilles staff.
● Organizing, planning and executing
● Attention to detail
● Communicating effectively with others
● Understanding the perspectives of others
● Familiarly with the disability inclusion space and our programming
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 1+ years’ experience in a fundraising coordination, administrative or support role.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge is highly preferred.
● A dedication to promoting the mission of Achilles.
● Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
● Salary range: $55,000 to $65,000
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Ryan Quick: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org