Criteria and Guidelines
Before you apply, please review the criteria and guidelines:
- Grant recipients must be first-time attendees of the Running USA Industry Conference.
- Company must be a minority-owned or woman-led business in the sport of running. Individuals must be looking to the running industry as a career focus.
- Applicants may be self-nominated or nominated by a Running USA member.
- The grant includes a $500 allowance towards a plane ticket to the conference, two nights at the host hotel, and one conference registration. Ground transportation is not included.
- Recipients may not transfer any portion of their attendance to another person.
- Recipients will be offered a discounted Running USA membership for $199. This offer will be valid for 90 days from the conference’s conclusion.
If selected, the scholarship recipient agrees to the following:
- Respond to all communications requests by the Running USA team in a reasonable timeframe.
- Attend and participate in a scholarship meet and greet at the conference
- Attend the entire duration of the conference, February 2-4, 2025.
- Provide Running USA with a summary of lessons learned and takeaways from the event within two weeks of the conference.
- Agree to be interviewed by Running USA about the experience for at least six months post-conference
- Post about attendance on social media and work with Running USA’s marketing team to develop content around the experience.
Deadline: 2025 program deadlines will be available soon.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations are allowed without penalty until the point at which the travel stipend is paid. At this point, the recipient must reimburse Running USA for any cash expenses incurred.