ABOUT BOSTON ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through sports, especially running. The B.A.A. is committed to a world where all people can access and benefit from running and an active lifestyle. The B.A.A. advances its mission and vision by organizing mass-participatory running events such as the Boston Marathon, creating or supporting community fitness events, and sponsoring a running club that serves the greater Boston area.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships will report to the Director of Corporate Partnerships, and work closely with the Corporate Partnership Coordinator to support the fulfillment of strategic marketing programs for B.A.A. corporate partners. They will be an important part of the team that manages sponsors, delivers customized programs, and cultivates strong relationships to further advance the B.A.A.’s mission and vision.
• Manage and execute the contractual partnership entitlements for sponsors, licensees, and contributors across all B.A.A. events and programs with primary focus on partnership activations.
• In collaboration with the Corporate Partnership Coordinator, oversee and support the planning of partner activation elements and timelines through regular meetings with existing partners.
• Develop documentation of partnership fulfillment for internal tracking; provide status updates in a timely manner and help to keep the team on track with timelines/delivery.
• Liaise with the Operations Team to ensure all partner activations function within the operational design for all events and programs.
• Collaborate closely with the Experience and Brand Marketing team to ensure partnership activations maintain consistent brand presence and support the athlete and fan experience.
• Manage on-site partnership activations as point of contact for partners.
• Help to identify new and/or enhanced opportunities for partnership activations.
• Produce post-event reports, including the collection and organization of data and analytical performance metrics as well as proof of performance for partnership activations.
• Manage and support ad hoc projects and duties, as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
• 3-5 years of experience in account management or client services; 5-7 years preferred, and in the Sports and Entertainment industry, if possible.
• Salesforce experience a plus.
• Proficient multi-tasker with a demonstrated record of superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
• A seasoned problem solver. Must respond well under pressure, especially during periods of high-volume activity and tight deadlines.
• Must show enthusiasm and adaptability for handling the requests of multiple clients simultaneously.
• Excellent communicator with a passion for collaborating with a diverse group of organizations and individuals. Possess customer service know-how.
• Ability to work collaboratively with fellow employees, consultants, vendors, and others.
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends and evenings.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT B.A.A
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Manager of Corporate Partnerships role is a 40 hours/week, exempt position. The role will require working some weekends and evenings. There will be longer work hours surrounding events. Limited local travel required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range is competitive and commensurate with lived and professional experience. The B.A.A. will promote your professional growth and development by providing access to:
● Competitive health & dental insurance plans
● Life insurance, short term, and long-term disability plans funded 100% by the B.A.A.
● 401(k) matching dollar-for-dollar up to 4% after one year of service, elective deferrals may begin upon hire
● An annual allotment of professional development funding (up to $2,000 per calendar year)
● Paid vacation based on years of service
● 11 paid holidays, 9 scheduled and 2 floating
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this position, please prepare a resume and cover letter to the attention of the B.A.A. Human Resources team and submit your materials to Opportunities Opportunities@baa.org.
The B.A.A. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.