Beyond Monumental is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization whose primary purpose is to actively support youth health and well-being by providing access to exceptional events and programs. Beyond Monumental plans and executes four signature running events in the greater Indianapolis area (the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, the Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben, the Apex Benefits Monumental Kids Movement 5K, and the Indianapolis 5K & Monumental Mile), well as two health and fitness related programs (Apex Benefits Monumental Kids Movement and Monumental Corporate Cup), and is searching for a passionate new team member to assist in those efforts.
The Participant Relations Coordinator reports to the Marketing & Consumer Experience Manager and is responsible for Event Registration, Participant Relations, and specific duties in Race Operations. Responsibilities will include managing the registration process and systems for multiple events throughout the year; being responsive to and effectively resolving customer service issues, participant inquiries, and other requests; serving as the primary contact for select projects, programs, and vendors; and other duties as assigned.
· Partner with the Marketing & Consumer Experience Manager to manage the complete life-cycle of the registration process for Beyond Monumental Events;
· Administer registration platforms and event apps for participants, volunteers, elite athletes, and programs;
· Serve as the primary representative for customer service related issues and inquiries;
· Analyze registration related processes with a focus to continuous improvement, drive sales of add-on items, and create corresponding reports for key partners, vendors, and internal team members;
· Manage registration related items: event and product inventory, race deferrals, upgrades, downgrades, discounts, ancillary add-on purchase items, etc.;
· Collaborate with team members and vendor partners to maintain integrity of participant data;
· Manage the all service related beyondmonumental.org email addresses and social inboxes
· Improve overall running community engagement and experience by coordinating participant and registration outreach programs while fostering partnerships with running clubs and training programs;
· Manage and grow the “Run for A Cause” program alongside partner not-for-profits;
· Partner with the Marketing & Consumer Experience Manager to develop and implement the participant communications plan;
· Oversee Monumental Corporate Cup registration drives and manage program participants;
· Work with the entire team (staff, contracted vendors, sponsors, volunteers, etc.) to execute race operations for all Beyond Monumental event related activities, with special emphasis on the following:
o Packet Pickup and Runner Services
o The Monumental Health and Fitness Expo, Indy Half Marathon Expo, Monumental Mile Packet Pickup and other race-related events;
Ideal candidates should have a minimum of 1-2 years of professional work experience and have the following competencies:
· Direct experience working with registration (or similar) software and a CRM system;
· Proven experience and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
· History of providing exemplary customer service;
· Can-do, optimistic attitude and desire to be part of a collaborative, results-oriented team;
· Experience in the sport of distance running (not required) and/or the event industry;
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.