Beyond Monumental is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization whose primary purpose is to conduct events and programs whose proceeds directly result in fueling its core mission of actively supporting youth health and well-being through exceptional events and programs.
Beyond Monumental plans and executes four signature running events in the greater Indianapolis area (the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, the Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben, the Indianapolis 5K & Monumental Mile and the Apex Benefits Monumental Kids 5K), as well as a youth health and wellness program (Apex benefits Monumental Kids Movement), and is searching for a passionate new team member to lead company operations and community engagement.
The Director of Operations & Community Engagement is responsible for organization operations as well as community engagement as it relates to all events. Overall responsibilities include managing operational functions and project management, including the recruitment and management of all individual and group volunteers and course activations/entertainment. The director will report to the Executive Director.
In Operations, the Director will:
1. Create, maintain and execute an annual operations and project management plan that covers all major organizational activities, including staff and other key meetings;
2. Work with each respective employee across the organization to design relevant project management plans;
3. Lead and manage Expo Operations including build out and tear down for each event;
4. Serve as the primary contact for Medical Operations for each race;
5. Build and execute a volunteer recruiting and management strategy, including a staffing and resource plan;
6. Manage the recruitment and integration of water stop and cheer station groups as well as placement of entertainment along races course;
7. Serve as the primary liaison to all neighborhood constituencies by attending neighborhood meetings and coordinating the dissemination of critical race weekend information to neighborhoods along the course;
8. Assist the Executive Director and Race Directors with operations associated with all in-person and virtual Beyond Monumental Events, including warehouse management, race start and finish areas, the Monumental Health and Fitness Expo and other events, with special emphasis on volunteer and consumer experience;
In Consumer Experience & Community Engagement, the Director will:
1. Recruit and secure all volunteers and course activations/entertainment;
2. Create, implement and manage Beyond Monumental’s volunteer, on-course entertainment, and community outreach retention, recruiting, and engagement strategies:
· Provide leadership and support to Beyond Monumental staff members, committee members, and key volunteers/captains
· Manage the cross-functional development/design of retention, recruiting, and engagement tools and resources
· Manage interns hired to support volunteer and on-course entertainment
· Develop/Maintain volunteer training materials and manage necessary training
· Schedule, plan, and host relevant meetings and trainings
3. Manage and streamline all websites to help ensure a best-in-class experience for all participants;
4. Guide all relevant committee and project meetings as needed.
Ideal candidates should have experience in the sport of running and/or the event industry, experience working with technology-based programs and applications, and have the following competencies:
· Desire to proactively contribute to a committed team, working hard to support the Indianapolis running community;
· Demonstrated ability to manage small and large groups while working toward a common goal;
· Proven ability to manage projects from initial concept to completion;
· Willingness to work nights and weekends as required by workload, deliverables or events;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Demonstrated, robust experience optimizing work flow and consumer experience through technology;
· Proven ability to work under multiple deadlines with collaborative spirit and poise under pressure;
· Commitment to providing outstanding participant experience and customer service
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.