At Capstone Event Group (Capstone), we believe that every runner brings a unique story to the start line. We honor each of those stories by creating memorable experiences that have a lasting impact on participants. We exist to build and steward a portfolio of events that are indispensable in their respective communities and in the lives of our participants.
Capstone currently owns and operates the City of Oaks Marathon, Tar Heel 10 Miler, Bull City Race Fest, Resort Races Collection, Race 13.1 Half Marathon Series, Charleston Half Marathon, Myrtle Beach Marathon and Hamptons Marathon.
We are searching for an Operations Manager or a Senior Operations Manager to join our team. These team members are fundamentally strong project managers and relationship managers who can effectively direct resources, balance multiple priorities, and produce extraordinary events that stay within budget.
Capstone offers employees a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, as well as the potential for advancement as the company grows. The responsibilities for this position include:
Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to obtain event permits and approvals, including course design and the implementation of traffic control and safety plans.
Source and oversee event contractors and vendors to ensure proper delivery of services on time and expenses are within budget.
Design and implement labor plans and timelines for Capstone staff who assist on race weekend.
Serve as the Race Director during the event weekends, leading the team through plan activation and directing personnel/resources in the moment through real-time changes.
Create and maintain project management tools and templates that are designed to be reused for future events.
- Fit with company culture – we will evaluate this closely if we have the opportunity to meet you
- Comfort and excitement working on a tight-knit team to grow a company
- Weekend travel required (7 – 10 weekends per year)
- Ability to work in Raleigh office
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds and working in an outdoor setting
Benefits and Compensation
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work from home opportunities
- Salary range $50,000 – $70,000
- Employee medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional: cell phone stipend, race entry reimbursement