Dave McGillivray’s event operations firm shares highlights and trends from the past year
BOSTON, Mass. – DMSE Sports, the leading event operations organization founded and led by Dave McGillivray, took their expertise to routes from coast to coast in 2023. The company has shared a look at its business by the numbers this past year. In total, DMSE Sports worked with and produced 23 events and ushered over 100,000 participants across finish lines. Many of these events had charitable components and raised funds in the multimillions for nonprofits across the nation.
“I couldn’t be more proud of my team for their outstanding efforts this past year. They take on the mental and physical lifts required to produce premiere events with so much heart and hard work,” said Dave McGillivray, president of DMSE Sports. “As the industry finds stability and consistency after a few tough years, I’m confident in our contribution to the continued success of endurance and mass participation events as we enter this new year.”
Other key moments from this past year included:
- DMSE’s continued partnership with lululemon to produce the lululemon 10K Tour in Scottsdale, Ariz. and the lululemon Run For The Roses 5K on the Rose Parade route in Pasadena, Calif.
- DMSE’s ongoing role with iconic New England races including the ASICS Falmouth Road Race and TD Beach to Beacon 10K Road Race
- The return of Run Medford in McGillivray’s hometown of Medford, Mass. that supported local beneficiaries through his foundation
- DMSE team members featured as thought leaders at Running USA, Road Race Management, Athletics Ontario Race Director Summit and on the Race Director HQ Head Start Podcast
- The addition of new team members including Communications Coordinator Kaite Morgan, Director of Operations Jake Lees and Director of Events Meryl Leventon
Looking ahead, DMSE Sports’ 2024 schedule includes the 128th Annual Boston Marathon, the lululemon 10K Tour and more to be announced soon. To view their event calendar, visit www.dmsesports.com/events.
ABOUT DMSE SPORTS
DMSE Sports is a full-service event-management organization, providing a full range of event and race production, management, and consulting services to support events of all sizes. Dave McGillivray and his team at DMSE Sports are responsible for the technical and logistical aspects of races and walks throughout the country. From overseeing organizing committees to working with local officials and handling registration, credentialing, lead vehicles, and course setup, DMSE Sports does it all. The firm has produced more than 1,000 events since opening its doors in 1981 and serves clients throughout the United States. For more information on DMSE Sports, visit www.DMSEsports.com and follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.