At Capstone Event Group (Capstone), we believe that every runner who gets to the start line has a unique story…a unique reason for being there. Our events enable unique and memorable experiences that can spur positive change in people. Our vision is to build and steward the world’s most revered portfolio of running events, and we are looking to hire someone who can sell major sponsorships across our race portfolio while quickly growing into the leader of our sponsorship function.
Capstone currently owns and operates the Resort Races Collection, Race 13.1 Half Marathon Series, Charleston Marathon, City of Oaks Marathon, Myrtle Beach Marathon, Hamptons Marathon, Vancouver Sun Run, Bay to Breakers (in San Francisco), Tarheel 10 Miler and Bull City Race Fest. We will be adding more signature events to our portfolio soon.
The primary objective for this role will be to hit sponsorship sales goals which include existing sponsorship renewals as well as new sales. The right person will be able to work effectively with our race operations team to ensure sponsorship benefits are effectively delivered and provide exceptional service to our sponsors. The ability to build strong long term relationships is critical.
Capstone offers employees a high degree of autonomy and flexibility as well as the potential for rapid growth opportunities as the company grows. The compensation structure for this role will include a base salary and generous commission opportunity. Responsibilities for the Sponsorship Sales Manager position include:
▪ Developing and cultivating the sponsorship sales pipeline
▪ Managing full-cycle sales process to hit sponsorship goals across all of Capstone’s 14+ annual events
▪ Recording and documenting all sales activities in CRM tool
▪ Ensuring customer success goals are met, primarily by leveraging existing Capstone sponsorship management tools and working with the operations team to ensure sponsorship benefits are delivered
▪ Prioritizing and closing sponsorship renewal opportunities
▪ Helping to shape and build the sponsorship function as we grow
If you are interested, please visit https://capstoneraces.com/careers/ to upload your resume and cover letter. Thank you.
● Fit with company culture – we will evaluate this closely if we have the opportunity to meet you
● Comfort in a dynamic, frequently evolving environment
● Weekend travel required (7 – 10 weekends per year)