Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K running event in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 30 events annually. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club also maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting its Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth.
Reporting to Director – Events, this position requires strong organization and project management skills. This dynamic and collaborative role requires extensive cross-department communication to ensure all events are planned and executed at the highest level. The candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong time management skills, and understand the value of running and fitness to the health and wellness of a community. Success in this critical position will require building key relationships with internal and external stakeholders built, the ability to work under tight deadlines, strong leadership skills with and flexibility to adapt and respond to unexpected changes. The person who accepts this role has extensive experience in the running, sports and/or events industry. Additionally, this person must be willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Develop and execute world-class events and experiences to further promote Atlanta Track Club’s mission and maintain/advance Club as a premier event management organization.
· Drive strong cross-department collaboration that enables the organization to use its events to further enhance strategic initiatives and objectives.
· Lead planning and execution of assigned road races, cross country and track and field meets and provide event-related guidance and direction to high performance, finance, marketing and business development departments.
· Coordinate internal resources, volunteers, city agencies, sponsors, vendors and other third parties for flawless event execution.
· Define and develop event resource requirements ensuring proper availability and allocation.
· Create and manage detailed event operation plans designed to track planning progress and ensure all deadlines are met.
· Establish, grow, manage and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors, city officials and civic organizations.
· Create, edit and maintain web pages for assigned events. Ensure all details are posted accurately and in a timely manner and cross-referenced with other departments and materials.
· Create, edit and schedule all participant email communication including but not limited to race updates, participant instructions, congratulation emails, etc., for assigned events.
· Create agenda for and lead pre- and post-planning meetings with staff, volunteers, etc.
· Complete and submit all necessary permits.
Minimum Job Qualifications
· 3-5 years event planning and operations experience.
· Strong written and oral communication and customer success skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines.
· Ability to lead and make on-site decisions
· Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Expertise in handling multiple tasks, highly organized, efficient, detail oriented and possess superior time-management skills.
· Excellent problem-solving, decision making and interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility in schedule and willingness to work weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed.
· Creativity and passion for the Club’s mission.
· Demonstrated commitment to running, walking and physical fitness preferred.
· Ability to lift boxes and other items up to 24 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet and load them into trucks and other operational vehicles.
Compensation and Benefits
· Salary Range: $55,000 –$65,000
· Fully funded healthcare
· 401(k) retirement benefits.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.