Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively.
What to Expect
• Plans, research, schedules, coordinates and implements registration needs for all races and events. Works closely with the Sponsorship/Marketing manager for event branding and supervises contracting and purchasing staff. Oversees and manages runner related services to include all online registration components, bib mail out program, remote location packet pick-up functions, runner confirmation and e-card portals for over 60,000 runners, e-commerce, and all contracts, purchase orders and credit card purchases. Prepares and manages packet pick up for all running events. Maintains statistics and demographical information.
• Authorizes and signs voucher requests to pay MCMO bills which include, but are not limited to phones, internet services, postage and carrier fees, transportation and freight, publications, advertising, and promotion expenses. Works directly with Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) for budget submission and account reconciliation.
• Directs and supervises MCMO accounting procedures; monitors petty cash accounts and debit cards, and the financial application and payment processes; supervises personnel and ensures invoices are proofed, researched, properly reviewed for accuracy and that subsequent payments are accurately processed with the MCCS Accounting Office.
• Monitors and provides feedback for the MCMO website. Manages customer interactions. Coordinates, disseminates, and replies to e-mails between runners, sporting agencies and the MCMO staff. Directs and manages procedures to ensure timely and accurate runner databases. Manages the distribution and security of the Marathon runner data.
• Manages the composition and writing of correspondence, reports, and travel order requests. Oversees the processing of completed travel documents and facilities subsequent settlement. Maintains various files, regulation manuals and directives. Reviews incoming correspondence and determines required action, and routes/tracks correspondence to the appropriate MCM staff section. Reviews outgoing correspondence and reports ensuring proper format and content.
• May be required to travel to attend Marine Corps Marathon Organization (MCMO) races, meetings, and expos to promote races and events by attending other race expos to set up booths with MCMO race materials to promote MCMO race series by handing out MCMO materials, speaking to runners about MCMO races and events, and soliciting vendors to participate in races. Prepares for MCMO races and events by setting up cones, tents, start and finish lines and other race requirements. Observation of race practices by attending other races within the running industry and learning how they prepare, plan, and execute races and upon return implement race practices and procedures at MCMO races. May be required to stand for extended periods of times at expos handing out materials and speaking with runners and vendors about MCMO races.
Conditions of Employment
• See Duties and Qualifications
• Two years work-related experience in the areas of sports and office management equipping the incumbent with knowledge in the areas of sports event administration, office management. Personnel supervision and evaluation procedures, financial management, information security, purchasing, contracting, computer network management and the abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position Or Three years above high school with studies in any field.
• Knowledge of the duties, priorities, commitment, policies, and program goals of the Branch. Knowledge of the sporting industry, organizational and sports event management. Must possess demonstrated knowledge and experience in order to accomplish responsible business and administrative management duties. Must demonstrate effective oral and written qualifications and be familiar with computer networks and systems operability and web page management. Must demonstrate knowledge and commitment to supervise train and evaluate subordinate personnel and possess demonstrated knowledge in financial management and business ethics.
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted for the qualifications above.
This is a white-collar position where occasional lifting up to 20 lbs may be required and a valid driver’s license if required.