Founded in 2009, NYCRUNS mission is to create the very best running events in New York City and to develop our flagship Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon into one of the most iconic running events in the world. In doing so, we want to be a relentlessly positive part of our customer’s lives; a meaningful partner to local businesses, causes, and runners; and a great employer to our diverse Team.
In 2022, NYCRUNS will stage approximately 30 running events in NYC (and one in New Jersey) for as many as 100,000 athletes. We’re based in Industry City, a hip office and retail complex in Brooklyn.
If you love running events, making people happy, and are committed to making New York City a better place, this could be the place for you. We’re poised for significant growth and we’re looking for the best and brightest to help us get to the next level. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, 401K, and flexible PTO.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking an UI/UX Designer for a 6 month assignment, with the possibility of an extension. This position will be fully or largely remote and a key contributor in developing and designing clean and intuitive website designs that are user-friendly.
UI duties and responsibilities:
- Develop mood boards and style guides.
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts.
- Integrate UX into design deliverables.
- Plan and coordinate meaningful interface animations and transitions.
- All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
UX duties and responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Plan and design the information architecture – What information should go where, which elements are more important and should be given priority, etc.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate.
- Conduct usability testing, analyze customer responses and website data to examine high traffic web pages and determine why certain sections perform better.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Web Design or Computer Science and 4+ years relevant work experience as a designer working with developers/engineers.
- Proficiency with modern design tools.
- A successful candidate will be technically savvy and business proficient.
- Have knowledge of modern front-end web technologies.
- Be skilled in the art of storytelling and design thinking.
- Must be process- and efficiency-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively – with the ability to share and receive respectful constructive feedback.
If you are the outstanding UI/UX professional we are seeking, apply now. For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.