Title: Sports Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director, Sports Council
Posted on: Sunday, January 23, 2022
Overview of Position:
As an employee of Visit Savannah, and the Savannah Chamber, the Sports Marketing Coordinator of the Savannah Sports Council is primarily responsible for managing marketing and communications related to the Savannah Sports Council’s sports tourism efforts and owned and hosted events. In coordination with the Executive Director and the Marketing and Communications team will help maximize marketing opportunities for current events, including social media, website, and e-newsletter content as well as managing other projects that are crucial to the Savannah Sports Council’s success. This is an entry level position.
- Manage all marketing aspects of the Savannah Sports Council and the events owned by the Sports Council
- Develops and deploys a social media strategy for the Savannah Sports Council, Savannah Hockey Classic, Savannah Women’s Half Marathon & 5K, Sports Awards Banquet, and the Savannah Bridge Run.
- Develops, writes, and schedules content for all of the above listed social media channels, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Builds, maintains, and nurtures strong social media communities through community management and engagement.
- Sources and secures approval of user-generated content for use in social channels for the Savannah Sports Council.
- Compile and report on social media monthly performance for all sites.
- Maintain a social media calendar to track content and anticipate any upcoming local event coverage.
- Develop and manage the Sports Council’s e-newsletter program for all events as well as basic Sports Council awareness
- Utilize and manage websites related to Savannah Sports Council owned and operated events, including basic graphic design for both, as needed.
- Periodically writing editorial content for brand websites and writing press releases.
- Manage CMS for SSC projects in Basecamp for all event related projects requiring work from other departments.
- Serve as point of contact for lead-up and on-site events for all media.
- Assist with all aspects of day-to-day objectives related to Savannah Sports Council owned and operated events, which includes committee meetings, volunteer meetings and operational meetings.
- Assist with managing sponsor deliverables for sponsors of Savannah Sports Council owned and operated events.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of advisory board meetings, which includes communicating with board members, recording meeting minutes and creating presentations.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with all other personnel to successfully accomplish Savannah Sports Council, Visit Savannah and Savannah Chamber of Commerce goals.
- Handle additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Complete commitment to the goals and mission of Visit Savannah and Savannah Area Chamber.
- Sports Marketing Coordinator will assist in supervising Sports Council interns and contracted marketing vendors.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university (BS in Sports Marketing or Management is preferred)
- One-to-two years of sports marketing or social media related experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the desire to collaborate, think creatively, be innovative, and build relationships.
- A passion for sports and an understanding and appreciation for the sports event industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, industry software and the Internet.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Respond in a timely manner to all inquiries.
- Regular attendance and prompt daily reporting required.
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances, and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Event Production requires a range of hours including very early mornings and late evenings, both during the week and weekend. Additionally, the nature of this work may require heavy lifting up to 50 pounds and work around dirt, dust, extreme weather, and ice. This position requires the ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Additional physical demands include, but are not limited to, the ability to drive/transport self and others and the ability to travel via airplane.
Office: 95%, Travel: 5%
Evening / Weekend / Overtime: As Required
Marketing and Communication 90%, Event Management : 10%
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: RWells@VisitSavannah.com. Writing and social media samples appreciated. No phone calls please.
Updated as of: 1/20/2022