Abby Wambach, Mumford & Sons, Willie Geist, Tiki Barber, Christy Turlington, Will Reeve, and Stars of Bachelor Nation to run in the TCS New York City Marathon
New York, October 26, 2021 – New York Road Runners (NYRR) today announced its star-studded lineup for the 50th running of the TCS New York City Marathon on November 7. The marathon annually attracts big names across sports, entertainment, music, fashion, and lifestyle.
The marathon’s golden celebration will bring together former U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team teammates and Olympic gold medalists Abby Wambach, Lauren Holiday, Kate Markgraf, and Leslie Osborne running and supporting the JLH Fund. Other leading athletes include New York Giants former running back Tiki Barber, returning for his seventh New York City Marathon.
Many renowned and recognized luminaries run to support and raise funds for charitable causes. Mumford & Sons band member Marcus Mumford will run for Children in Conflict and his bandmate Ben Lovett will support the Robin Hood Foundation. Tony-award winning and Grammy-nominated actress Kelli O’Hara will also support a meaningful cause by running for Cancer Support Community. Additionally, she will perform the National Anthem prior to the men’s open professional race.
Television anchors and personalities will take on the 26.2-mile course including TODAY Show and Morning Joe co-host Willie Geist running in support of the Michael J. Fox Foundation and Good Morning America’s Will Reeve running in support of the Reeve Foundation. In addition, producer and host of MTV’s Catfish: The TV Show Nev Schulman will run in his fourth New York City Marathon.
Many stars of Bachelor Nation will hit the streets including friends Matt James and Tyler Cameron who will be running together for the Andrea Cameron Foundation. The Bachelorette’s Tayshia Adams will run in her first-ever marathon after her fiancé, Zac Clark, introduced her and shared his love of running as he takes on his seventh New York City Marathon on behalf of Release Recovery.
Legendary fashion model Christy Turlington will make her return 10 years after running in her first New York City Marathon, representing her charity, Every Mother Counts. Additionally, Shoe4Africa will have model and actress Kristine Froseth running to support their worthy cause.
The full list of notable runners in this year’s marathon includes:
· Abby Wambach – Olympic gold medalist and FIFA World Cup champion; supporting JLH Fund
· Ben Lovett – Mumford & Sons; supporting Robin Hood Foundation
· Christy Turlington – Model; supporting founder of Every Mother Counts
· CJ Hobgood – ASP World Championship surfer
· Daniel Humm – Chef and owner of Eleven Madison Park/Make It Nice
· Kate Markgraf – Olympic gold medalist and general manager of U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team; supporting JLH Fund
· Kelli O’Hara – Broadway and Tony award-winning actress; supporting Cancer Support Community
· Kristine Froseth – Model and actress; supporting Shoe4Africa
· Lauren Holiday – Olympic gold medalist and FIFA World Cup champion; supporting JLH Fund
· Leslie Osborne – Olympic gold medalist; supporting JLH Fund
· Marcus Mumford – Mumford & Sons; supporting Children in Conflict
· Matt James – The Bachelor; supporting ABC Food Tours and Andrea Cameron Foundation
· Nev Schulman – Host of MTV’s Catfish: The TV Show; supporting NYRR Team for Kids
· Nicole Briscoe – ESPN SportsCenter anchor
· Ryan Briscoe – Professional race car driver
· Tayshia Adams – The Bachelorette; supporting World Vision
· Tiki Barber – NY Giants legend, host of Tiki & Tierney; supporting NYRR Team for Kids
· Tyler Cameron – The Bachelorette; supporting Andrea Cameron Foundation
· Will Reeve – Good Morning America; supporting Reeve Foundation
· Willie Geist – TODAY Show, Morning Joe co-host; supporting Michael J. Fox Foundation
· Zac Clark – The Bachelorette; supporting Release Recovery
About New York Road Runners (NYRR)
NYRR’s mission is to help and inspire people through running. Since 1958, New York Road Runners has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s commitment to New York City’s five boroughs features races, virtual races, community events, free youth running initiatives and school programs, the NYRR RUNCENTER featuring the New Balance Run Hub, and training resources that provide hundreds of thousands of people each year with the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to Run for Life. NYRR’s premier event, and the largest marathon in the world, is the TCS New York City Marathon. Held annually on the first Sunday in November, the race features a wide population of runners, from the world’s top professional athletes to a vast range of competitive, recreational, and charity runners. To learn more, visit www.nyrr.org.