Global Industry panel, Gen Z and the Future of Running among general session topics for must-attend event in Denver
Denver (October 13, 2022) – Running USA is known for bringing the most compelling topics and speakers to its annual Industry Conference, and the 2023 event will be no exception.
Organizers today announced the first round of general session and focused breakout topics for the 2023 Industry Conference presented by Race Roster, set for Feb. 12-14, 2023. Not registered yet? Do that here. A price increase is coming soon.
“We’re planning our content for the 2023 conference based on the challenges the running industry faces right now,” said Christine Bowen, COO of Running USA. “We will deliver a highly engaging event with leaders in the industry bringing thought-provoking insight to every session.”
General sessions will include:
● Gen Z and the Future of Running: Running USA will present the results of a targeted research project that will help event organizers plan for the future of their races and give insight into expectations for the sport going forward.
● Global State of the Sport – An Industry Panel: Leaders from World Athletics (Alessio Punzi), RRCA (Jean Knaack), Running USA and other oversight organizations will convene to discuss where running is today and the challenges – and solutions – to come.
Breakout sessions, including new hands-on Workshops and the ever-popular Idea Labs, will include:
● Employment and Diversity: A look at the state of the industry from the Running Industry Diversity Coalition. Presenter: Alison Desir, RIDC
● Race Architects: Case Study on Rebuilding a Race from the Ground Up Presenters: Matt West and Ryan McGillivray, DMSE Sports
● Creating Your Company Mission, Vision and Values. Presenters: Jessica and Tim Murphy, BibRave.
● DEI: One Year Later, Where Are We Now? Presenter: Trisha Drobeck, Missoula Marathon
● Volunteer Scenarios for Events of All Sizes. Presenter: Donna Finney, NYRR.
● Sponsorships: Meeting Partner Expectations. Presenter: Nina Nesja, Festival Foods Turkey Trot
● Weather Challenges: A Case Study from Chicago Event Management and Western Kentucky University
New this year to the event will be quick hit sessions with immediate actionable takeaways for participants. These sessions will repeat so that attendees can attend more than one. Topics will include:
● How to Make Your First TikTok
● Operational Formula Planning
● Youth Event Success Strategies
Additional topics across all session types will be announced in the coming weeks.
Register for the 2023 Industry Conference today.
About the Industry Conference
Since its origins as a small gathering of Running USA’s founders in Southern California in 2004, the Running USA Industry Conference presented by Race Roster has grown to becoming the best-attended, most esteemed gathering of running industry professionals from around the USA and the world. Now moving locations each year, the conference has been held in Los Angeles, San Diego, Savannah, Houston, San Antonio, Orlando, New Orleans, Puerto Rico, Las Vegas and heads to Denver for the 2023 event.