Akron, OH (Aug. 13, 2022) — More than 2,000 runners came together at Akron’s Goodyear Proving Grounds for the second race in the 8th annual Akron Marathon Race Series presented by Summa Health.
At the Goodyear Half Marathon & 10k, Nick Marino and Madeline Dawson were the winners in the men’s and women’s Goodyear Half Marathon, finishing at 1:10:02 and 1:17:32, respectively. Dawson’s time set a new women’s record for the event.
The men’s 10k winner, Jacob Ondash, finished with a time of 30:53, setting a new event record for the men’s 10k. Ondash was also the winner of the National Interstate 1 Mile race in June, as part of the 2022 race series. The women’s 10k winner, Alyssa Thomas, finished with a time of 35:19.
The Goodyear Half Marathon & 10k welcomed runners ages 12- 78 competing on Sat., Aug. 13, 2022, beginning at 6:30 a.m.
“Hosting the Goodyear Half Marathon & 10k on our campus is a pride point for our company and the more than 200 Goodyear associates running or volunteering at the race,” said Doug Grassian, Senior Director for Global External and Digital Communications at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Akron Marathon board director. “We congratulate all of the runners who participated and thank all of the volunteers and spectators for coming out to support the race.”
“Congratulations to today’s race participants and event organizers for an outstanding event,” said Dr. Cliff Deveny, Summa Health’s President and CEO. “This year’s race series has served as another example of what makes our community great, and I look forward to the upcoming Akron Marathon in September.”
The day’s winners included:
HALF MARATHON FINAL RESULTS:
1. Nick Marino (Stow, OH) – 1:10:02
2. Will Appman (Hoboken, NJ) – 1:10:25
3. Zachary Hoagland (Hatfield, PA) – 1:10:30
1. Madeline Dawson (Lakewood, OH) – 1:17:32 (new event record)
2. Catherine Joecken (Bay Village, OH) – 1:21:52
3. Amanda Fire (Stow, OH) 1:25:51
1. Paul Stock (Hudson, OH) – 1:21:32
2. Damon Blackford (Akron, OH) – 1:24:11
3. Volker Keim (Düsseldorf, NR, Germany) – 1:26:17
1. Rosanna Carlson (Akron, OH) – 1:36:13
2. Teresa Ferguson (Akron, OH) 1:39:10
3. Kellie Zajac (Akron, OH) – 1:39:55
10K FINAL RESULTS
1. Jacob Ondash (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) – 30:53 (new event record)
2. Luke Hickman (Mentor, OH) – 30:58
3. Martin Zegarelli (Kansas City, MO) – 32:51
1. Alyssa Thomas (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) – 35:19
2. Becki Spellman (Galloway, OH) – 36:29
3. Andrea Klima (Independence, OH) – 37:57
1. Mark Rohrer (Wadsworth, OH) – 38:25
2. David Stewart (Mogadore, OH) – 38:29
3. Jason Brown (Homeworth, OH) – 40:13
1. Shelly Fountain (Minerva, OH) – 46:01
2. Maureen Foley (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) – 46:14
3. Maria Prinzo (Barberton, OH) – 46:22
The final race on Sept. 24, 2022, the marquee event and 20th running of the FirstEnergy Akron Marathon, Half Marathon, and Team Relay — will follow the blue line through the streets of Downtown Akron. Race registration and volunteer opportunities for the final race series event can be found at AkronMarathon.org.
For more information about the Akron Marathon Race Series presented by Summa Health, please visit AkronMarathon.org.