Dave McGillivray’s event operations company marks dozens of events, millions of dollars raised this past year
BOSTON – DMSE Sports has released key facts and figures from their 2022 events, showing evidence of road racing’s recovery over the past year. The leading event operations organization founded and lead by Dave McGillivray assisted with the planning and production of 24 events this year, ushering more than 120,000 participants to their respective finish lines. In addition, their clients’ and owned events raised millions of dollars for charities and nonprofit organizations.
“Road racing and endurance events of all kinds truly turned a corner in 2022, and we were proud to bring so many athletes back on the course last year,” said Dave McGillivray, president of DMSE Sports. “As we enter the new year, our team is looking forward to facing lingering challenges in our industry head-on and to producing events that help people feel accomplished and inspired.”
Other key moments from this past year included:
- McGillivray’s 50th consecutive Boston Marathon finish, which raised over $100,000 for the Dave McGillivray Finish Strong Foundation
- DMSE’s continued partnership with lululemon and the re-launch of the lululemon 10k series in Houston and Atlanta
- the 50th running of the ASICS Falmouth Road Race, which DMSE has directed since 2011
- the return of in-person racing at the TD Beach to Beacon 10K Road Race, which DMSE has directed for the past 25 years
- the inaugural Run Medford 5K and 8K in McGillivray’s hometown of Medford, Mass. that supported local beneficiaries through his foundation
This year, DMSE will be collaborating with partners across the United States to present both storied and up-and-coming events. Their 2023 schedule includes the 127th Annual Boston Marathon, the lululemon 10k Tour, the 47th Annual Bellin Run 10k, and more to be announced soon. To view their event calendar, visit www.dmsesports.com/events.
ABOUT DMSE SPORTS
DMSE Sports is a full-service event-management organization, providing a full range of event and race production, management, and consulting services to support events of all sizes. Dave McGillivray and his team at DMSE Sports are responsible for the technical and logistical aspects of races and walks throughout the country. From overseeing organizing committees to working with local officials and handling registration, credentialing, lead vehicles, and course setup, DMSE Sports does it all. The firm has produced more than 1,000 events since opening its doors in 1981 and serves clients throughout the United States. For more information on DMSE Sports, visit www.DMSEsports.com and follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.