Race Day Events is a leading event production company in Madison, WI specializing in running, biking, and multisport events. We are a fast-growing company which provides equipment and services to events across the US. In 2022 RDE will produce over 30 events which it owns. Additionally, RDE will manage and produce another 150+ events for private and non-profit organizations.
We are looking for an Event Manager/Race Director who will exemplify our core values: Live our Passion, Stronger Together, Never Settle, Kick Ass, and Do the Right Thing.
If you love the endurance event industry, making people happy, and are committed to making weekends awesome, Race Day could be your new work family. We are taking this company to the next level and are looking for the right person to join us!
In office (40 hr/week salaried)
– Managing all aspects of an event: event vision, permitting, safety resources, securing outside vendors, and determining race assets (awards, shirts, etc.)
–Collaborating with marketing, sponsorship, staffing, warehouse, and volunteer departments
-Communicating frequently and completely with client for contracted events
–Adhering to event budgets and tracking expenses
-Developing and communicating event plan to staff
Onsite (10-20 event days – additional hourly pay)
–Supervising and directing up to 15 staff
–Communicating with client, vendors, and sponsors
–Communicating with emergency personnel
–Troubleshooting all aspects of the event, if necessary
–Ensuring participants have a positive experience
– 2-3 years race management experience
– Passion for endurance events
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
– Proven attention to detail
– Deadline driven
– Analytical and problem-solving mindset
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work independently
– Client-focused mentality
– Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work out of our Madison, WI office
– Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
– Have a college degree
– Able to lift 40 lbs.
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Why Race Day Events?
RDE manages, times, and provides equipment for
– Community runs and rides
– Marathon and half-marathons up to 3,000+ participants
– Century bike rides
– Competitive salary
– Weekend pay additional – hourly rate!
– Full health and dental insurance
– PTO – generous & flexible
– IRA match
– Paid company holidays
– In office
– Madison – #1 city with best work/life balance (Smartasset.com)
– Home of Ironman Wisconsin
– Cheese curds, beer & brats!
We make weekends awesome!
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Race Day Events: email@example.com