Atlanta Track Club is a member-based nonprofit committed to creating a healthy Atlanta through running and walking. It delivers world-class events, training programs, and community outreach activities to the metropolitan Atlanta area. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K running event in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon and Half Marathon, PNC Atlanta 10 Miler, and Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon and 5K, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 30 events per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club also maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting the Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, and honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s Powerade All-Metro Banquets.
Reporting to the Vice President – Marketing and Communications, this visible and collaborative position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to utilize marketing tools such as Google analytics, Google Tag Manager, and email marketing platforms. The ideal candidate has a sales-minded personality, creativity, and an understanding of the Atlanta running community. This role exists to drive registrations for Atlanta Track Club events and programs while creating turnkey solutions to drive and support the marketing of each. The candidate must be detail- oriented; possess strong time management skills, enjoy running and fitness, earn the respect of internal and external stakeholders, have the ability to work under deadlines and be comfortable and prepared to adapt and respond to unexpected changes. The person who accepts this role believes that running and walking can positively impact quality and life, enjoys talking to runners and about running and doesn’t mind working evenings and weekends.
● Develop and execute world-class marketing and communication plans to increase local, regional and national awareness of and participation in Atlanta Track Club events with a focus on growth of three of the Club’s four premier events: the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, 5K, Mile & Dash as well as Atlanta Track Club membership.
● Integrate digital, print, radio, social, outdoor media assets and grassroots marketing initiatives into a comprehensive and sustainable marketing plan such that successful growth can be achieved, tracked and duplicated.
● Use performance metrics to guide and adjust strategies.
● Creatively work within budget to reach and exceed forecasted event and program growth.
● Work with the business development team to encourage engagement and participation from partner/sponsors and their employees.
● Develop and execute dynamic direct email campaigns.
● Assist events team in developing experiences that will drive excitement and return participants.
● Work with VP – Marketing & Communications to develop appropriate marketing budgets to help the organization meet its objectives for events and training programming participation.
● Oversee and develop relevant and fresh event related content for Atlanta Track Club’s social media efforts as well as explore new opportunities to drive awareness of the events within the digital/social space.
● Work as a member of the marketing department’s activation team to ensure the delivery of sponsorship benefits to Atlanta Track Club partners and sponsors at the Club’s major events.
● Write for Club’s member magazine, Wingfoot.
Minimum Job Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or other related field required.
● 3-5 years marketing and/or event experience.
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
● Proficient in MS Office and experience in database management.
● Proficient in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
● Experience with WordPress or comparable website platform
● Experience using email marketing platforms.
● Must be a hard charging, self-starter who likes to measure performance through quantitative analysis.
● Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
● Background in sports and / or health and fitness marketing a plus.
● Expertise in handling multiple tasks, superior time-management and organizational skills.
● Excellent problem-solving, decision making and interpersonal skills.
● Flexibility in schedule and interest in working weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed to accomplish the mission.
Salary for this position is $60 – $70,000 with full company-paid benefits and 401K plan. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please.