Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta through running and walking. As the second largest running organization in the United States with more than 30,000 members, we direct more than 30 events annually in addition our signature four events, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race-largest 10K in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon. Atlanta Track Club Foundation oversees the fundraising efforts to support the Club’s internal and external community programming initiatives.
We ae looking for an individual with fundraising, donor cultivation and stewardship experience as well as community relations programming background.
This full-time position reports to the President of Atlanta Track Club Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Oversight of charitable entry requests, inquiries, emails and correspondence
● Assist with the official Peachtree charity partner program, Kilometer Kids charity program and Kilometer Kids charity team
● Manage and execute Atlanta Track Club and Atlanta Track Club Foundation community related programs
● Manage and execute community related programming at events, when appropriate
● Process and deposit all charitable contributions including cash, pledge, payroll deductions, stock transactions and in-kind donations and matching gift requests
● Ensure designated gifts are properly accounted for with finance office
● Reconcile contribution deposits and designations with finance office on monthly basis
● Enter prospect and donor info into CRM including contact updates, as well as campaign, solicitor, event and appeal tracking
● Produce gift reports, lists (according to segmented information as needed), financial spreadsheets and customized reports
● Produce general office mailings (i.e., mailing labels, solicitation letters, acknowledgement letters, email campaigns, invitations, pledge reminders, etc.) and customize as appropriate
● Manage online donation web page and email templates
● Attend after-hour special events for community and fundraising events
● Assist with updating gift acknowledgement letters annually
● Coordinate year-end donor giving information for audit and annual report
● Train interns in data entry standards, running basic queries and report generation
Skills and Requirements
● Must be able to understand IRS regulations with regard to charitable giving and understanding how these apply to management and reporting of gift data in CRM System
● Basic understanding of accounting principles
● BA/BS or equivalent of 2 years of experience in fundraising, sales or marketing as well as database management and development
● Experience working in the development field within a small/medium size non-profit
● Experience with CRM programs within the development field, as well as broad knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite.
● Excellent interpersonal skills – demonstrated ability to exercise sensitivity and good judgment in dealing with staff and the public
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Initiative, energy, integrity, sincerity and the drive to succeed
● Flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends at internal and external events and programs
Interested candidates should email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.