Atlanta Track Club is a member-based nonprofit committed to creating a healthy Atlanta through running and walking. It delivers world-class events, training programs, and community outreach activities to the metropolitan Atlanta area. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K running event in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon and Half Marathon, PNC Atlanta 10 Miler, and Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon and 5K, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 30 events per year. Additionally, it organizes and operates training programs throughout the year for everyone in the runner life cycle. Through the support of its members, volunteers and Foundation, Atlanta Track Club also maintains a number of community initiatives including the Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, organization and support of Atlanta Public Schools track and field and cross country programs, and honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through the Powerade All-Metro Banquets.
Reporting to the Vice President – Marketing and Communications, this visible and collaborative position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to utilize marketing tools such as Google analytics, Google Tag Manager, social media and email marketing platforms. The ideal candidate has the skills and desire to build relationships and enjoys being in the community. This person will test and implement non-traditional and/or grassroots tactics to
build awareness, excitement and participation in Atlanta Track Club’s paid and free programming as well as its fundraising efforts via Atlanta Track Club Foundation. The candidate has the ability to prioritize, manage time and multiple simultaneous initiatives. A background in track & Field, running or walking is a plus, but not a must. However, the person who accepts this role believes that running and walking can positively impact quality and life, enjoys talking to runners and about running and doesn’t mind working evenings and weekends.
· Develop and execute marketing plans that increase local, regional and national awareness of and participation in Atlanta Track Club programs including but not limited to: Kilometer Kids, In-Training, Youth Teams, High School Cross Country Camp and other membership programming.
· Build awareness amongst members, the local community and national running community for Atlanta Track Club community programs including but not limited to: The Club’s partnership with Atlanta Public Schools, sustainability and Atlanta Track Club Foundation.
· Develop content-based marketing plans for the Club’s high school initiatives such as Wingfoot XC Classic, Wingfoot Night of Champions and the Powerade All-Metro banquets.
· Work with President of Atlanta Track Club Foundation to execute annual giving campaign, Giving Tuesday campaign and other fundraising and philanthropic initiatives.
· Work with VP – Marketing & Communications to develop appropriate marketing budgets to help the organization meet its objectives for these initiatives.
· Work in concert with the manager of each initiative to develop ideas to make each initiative more successful and ensure constant, efficient flow of information between departments.
· Attend relevant programming to enhance the participant experience and build relationships with the participants, stakeholders and beneficiaries of each initiative.
· Collaborate with business development team to enhance benefits for program sponsors as well as ensure sponsor activations are enhancing the participant experience.
· Drive awareness of Club’s sustainability and DE&I efforts in collaboration with its footwear and apparel partner, adidas.
Minimum Job Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or other related field required.
● 1-3 years marketing and/or event experience.
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
● Proficient in MS Office and experience in database management.
● Proficient in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
● Experience with WordPress or comparable website platform.
● Understanding of current, new and emerging social media platforms.
● Experience using email marketing platforms.
● Must be a hard charging, self-starter who likes to measure performance through quantitative analysis.
● Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
● Background in sports and / or health and fitness marketing a plus.
● Expertise in handling multiple tasks, superior time-management and organizational skills.
● Excellent problem-solving, decision making and interpersonal skills.
● Flexibility in schedule and interest in working weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed to accomplish the mission.
Salary for this position is $50 – $55,000 with full Club-paid healthcare benefits and 401K plan. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please.