The Registration Coordinator serves as part of the high caliber Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) team, which has planned and executed the region’s premier running events since 1982. Its mission is simple – ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes five races with 17 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Collectively, TCM and its charity partners that fundraise at TCM events give back more than $1 million annually to a variety of causes.
The Registration Coordinator is responsible for building registration forms on Twin Cities In Motion’s online registration platform, managing participant registration data, supporting existing TCM special registration programs and researching and developing new special registration opportunities, and managing on-site packet pick-up at all TCM events.
Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and database management skills are critical for the Registration Coordinator, as is the ability to operate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. The position reports to the Race Director (RD) and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate all online registration processes for all Twin Cities In Motion events including Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend:
o Create and update online registration platform pages and coordinate internal review process by cross-functional team for all TCM events;
o Provide exemplary customer service to groups or individuals with special registration needs;
o Update and communicate participant information emails through online registration platform email tools;
o Update participant registration data, as needed;
o Create, manage, and distribute registration codes, as needed;
o At the direction of Special Registration Program Leads, create, communicate, and manage custom registration paths and pages for special registration groups and programs;
o Create, and send invoices for special programs through Race Roster;
o Problem-solve, troubleshoot technical issues, and identify creative solutions, as needed, with support of TCM’s online registration platform account representative;
• Manage on-site packet pick-up and registration at all TCM Events including Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend:
o With Warehouse, Procurement, and Event Logistics Coordinator identify all on-site packet pick-up and registration supplies and equipment needs;
o Provide input on suitability of potential packet pick-up spaces;
o With the support of volunteers, set up and tear down the on-site packet pick-up and registration site;
o Assure a smooth, successful, and enjoyable race weekend packet pick-up and registration experience for all staff and volunteers;
o Provide exemplary customer service to and registrants experiencing packet pick-up or registration issues;
o Manage and maintain a strong and customer service-oriented Registration Committee.
• Provide data-based insights to Event Leads, Marketing Team, and TCM leadership:
o Create and distribute registration reports, as requested;
o Monitor and research industry best-practices and recommend pricing strategies and registration policies to provide exemplary customer experience and drive incremental revenue;
o Monitor and research industry best-practices to propose and develop additional special registration programs intended to achieve TCM’s organizational goals;
o Support Warehouse, Procurement, and Event Logistics Coordinator by providing registration data to support participant services orders.
• Minimum 1-2 years data management or data analysis experience
• Experience with and demonstrated proficiency in at least one online event registration platform (RaceRoster preferred)
• Experience with and demonstrated proficiency in at least one CRM platform
• Experience with and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
• Previous experience with events preferred
• Proven ability to work with diverse peer, community, and volunteer groups
•Skillful communicator: able to effectively interact with a diverse group of
personalities in-person, and to communicate clearly and concisely in writing
• Effective leader, able to build consensus among all constituencies
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
• Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
• Available to work non-traditional business hours during all events and to attend evening and morning meetings
• Able to handle busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with attention to detail and ability to maintain a calm presence during challenging situations
• Experience with non-profits and volunteerism a plus
• Four-year degree preferred
• Comfortable occasionally driving box trucks a plus (no CDL required)
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position opened until filled.