The Warehouse, Procurement, and Event Logistics Coordinator serves as part of the high caliber Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) team, which has planned and executed the region’s premier running events since 1982. Its mission is simple – ignite everyone’s inner athlete.
TCM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that organizes five races with 17 distances throughout the year, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, to provide opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and experiences to live an active, healthy lifestyle. Collectively, TCM and its charity partners that fundraise at TCM events give back more than $1 million annually to a variety of causes.
The Warehouse, Procurement, and Event Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and organizing back-of-house operations (receiving, inventorying, procurement) across all Twin Cities In Motion departments, coordinating logistics for supplies and equipment at all Twin Cities In Motion events, and supporting race operations both during planning and on race day as part of the Twin Cities In Motion Events Team.
Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills are critical for the Warehouse, Procurement, and Event Logistics Coordinator, as is the ability to operate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. The position reports to the Race Director (RD) and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate all TCM warehouse operations:
o Schedule, track, receive, prepare, and store incoming and outgoing shipments for all TCM departments;
o Keep accurate inventory of all TCM Events supplies and equipment;
o Assure all supplies and equipment are maintained and cleaned regularly to keep them in satisfactory working order;
o Assure safe warehouse operations, including equipment certification tracking;
• At the direction of TCM Event Leads, coordinate supplies, equipment, logistical support for all TCM events:
o Manage assigned vendors and rent necessary equipment and vehicles;
o Provide data and place orders for participant services (e.g., medals, shirts, participant gifts);
o Create equipment and supplies lists and fulfill equipment needs (e.g., procurement and distribution);
o Prepare equipment for and serve as hands-on coordinator of warehouse load-out and load-in days pre- and post-event;
o Virtual event fulfillment;
• At the direction of TCM Event Leads, provide significant event management support for all TCM events, including documentation updating, permitting, and leading an assigned area on race day;
• Support all TCM departments in procurement, including sourcing, RFPs, and ordering;
• Track and provide data on TCM in-kind giving (post-event donations and equipment rentals);
• Support TCM Events department budgeting, permitting, and compliance processes as assigned.
• Minimum 1-2 years event management experience and/or project management experience
• Proven ability to work with diverse peer, community and volunteer groups
• Skillful communicator able to effectively interact with a diverse group of personalities
• Effective leader, able to build consensus among all constituencies
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
• Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
• Available to work non-traditional business hours during all events and to attend evening and morning meetings
• Able to handle busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with attention to detail and ability to maintain a calm presence during challenging situations
• Four-year degree preferred
• Experience with non-profits and volunteerism a plus
• Comfortable driving box trucks (no CDL required)
• Forklift certification a plus, willingness to become forklift certified a must
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com. Position opened until filled.