Are you an event professional/timer with a passion for applying structure and process to drive success? Would you like to make a real business impact, be part of an energetic and collaborative team, and help take our company to the next level? If so, we could have the perfect opportunity for you!
TimingHQ is looking for a Director of Timing and Operations to join our team to develop and execute on first in class events.
About The Organization
TimingHQ is a one-stop shop for timing and event management, and an international timing company aimed at providing the best possible race experience to race directors and participants.
TimingHQ staff has worked with and timed some of the most complex events in the United States and abroad, from International Marathons to National Championship Triathlons. Our experience is in many types of events and distances, 5K’s, marathons, triathlons, and all distances and styles of events in-between. We don’t believe in shortcuts! No event is too small or too large.
We Focus On
We are a lean organization responsible for transforming and supporting events of all sizes, with a specific focus on:
● Understanding our clients needs first
● Providing a great experiences for our partners
● Growing a network of timers and partners to enhance the event experience
This is a unique, strategic role responsible for developing and executing on events needs. We provide everything from participant goods and technologies to consulting and planning.
The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to be part of a fast paced, stable business and who wants to help lead our company to new heights. This role will require an individual who works well in a team, is calm and works well under a high-pressure environment. Additionally, the position will require strong initiative, ability to focus, prioritize, strong customer management, and outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
Leading the timing team, process, and execution of partner relations as well as run operations for those events we manage from Permit to last runner.
● Oversee the full timing and process, prioritization, preparation, and follow-up for events
● Drive clarity of process and prioritization with other team members
● Coach and drive accountability and progress with additional timing staff
● Align with external communications initiatives to aid in the growth of the company
● Partner with key stakeholders to identify and execute additional opportunities for engagement
● Teach and mentor other staff members on preferred timing and scoring software
● Work experience in Data Analytics, IT, Networking Engineering, Computer science, Business,
or related field (or equivalent)
● 3+ years of hands-on event timing and scoring, (Preferred knowledge of MyLaps equipment.)
● Proven ability to listen and collaborate well – sparking great ideas, gathering, and
incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholders
● Ability to synthesize complex ideas into a streamlined narrative and communicate well
● Commitment to high standards of quality and an eye for detail
● Business acumen – deep ability to understand our business and grasp the bigger picture
● Executive maturity – comfort level interacting with executives at a senior level, thinking on
your feet, managing under pressure, navigating organizational complexity, and influencing
event directors, high EQ
● High capacity for multitasking and project management skills, able to manage multiple, high-
stakes projects and deliverables simultaneously across work groups and stakeholders
● Resourceful and solution-oriented and not afraid to ask questions if you don’t know the
● Self-directed with great initiative and sense of ownership
● Comfortable in a high-paced and dynamic team environment, graceful under pressure
● Strong communication skills – Exceptional written, verbal and presentation-level skills.
Ability to create clarity and generate energy
Additional Desired Skills:
● Proficient in Google Sheets / Excel
● Passionate about the Endurance industry
● Proficient with timing and scoring software
● Familiarity with MyLaps and its equipment
TimingHQ is committed to creating a great experience for our Partners and increasing their
profitable growth. With your help, we will deepen the relationships with existing partners and grow
the business with like partners.
Location: Preferred – San Diego
Send resume to Mike Coleman at: firstname.lastname@example.org